The official website of the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Nanaki Nanao’s Helck has opened, revealing that the series will premiere this July. In addition, the first key visuals, cast, staff, and promotional video have also been revealed.
The first members of the anime’s main cast and character designs have been revealed:
- Katsuyuki Konishi (America from Hetalia) leads the cast as Helck
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) as Gamo-chan as Vermilio
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) will voice the role of Azudra
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) as Hon
- Shiki Aoki (Homura Kougetsu in Edens Zero) as Asta
- Haruka Shiraishi (Kirie Motoba from Himouto! Umaru-Chan) as Ista
The leading members of the anime’s production staff were also revealed:
- Director: Tatsuo Satou (Madan no Ou to Vanadis , Shigofumi)
- Character Designer: Yoshinori Deno (Blue Reflection Ray and Seisen Cerberus Chief Animation Director)
- Series Composers: Toshizo Nemoto (Log Horizon, Macross Delta) and Mitsutaka Hirota (Amaama to Inazuma, The Prince of Tennis)
- Sound Director: Shinji Takamatsu (Gintama, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
- Music Composer: Yoshihisa Hirano (HunterxHunter, Death Note)
- Animation Studio: Satelight (AKB0048, Macross Frontier)
Here is the first promotional video for the anime that introduces to us the main hero:
Helck is a fantasy action, comedy manga written and illustrated by Nanaki Nanao. The series ran from mid-2014 till late 2017 under Shogakukan’s Ura Sunday online magazine for a total of 12 volumes. The series was nominated at the 2015 Tsugi Ni Kuru Manga Taishou (Up-and-Coming Manga awards). Nanao has also created the manga Iken Senki Völundio (Völundio: Divergent Sword Saga), which is currently ongoing in the same publication.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
While humanity celebrates the defeat of the Demon King by the hands of a lone hero, the denizens of the demon world prepare for the contest of a lifetime—a tournament to decide who would inherit the title of Demon King.
Now, three months later, the tournament has been proceeding smoothly—well, other than the fact that the favorite to come out on top is the human hero Helck! With a smile and a wave, he easily bests his demonic competition, all while loudly proclaiming his hatred for humans. Though he calls for the destruction of humanity, the truth of what lies behind his cheery façade remains a mystery.
Doubtful of Helck’s intentions, Red Vamirio—one of the “Four Heavenly Kings,” who oversee the realm of the demons together—seeks to uncover what the hero is truly after. With the title of “Demon King” at stake, the fate of the demon world rests on her shoulders.
The upcoming TV anime adaptation of Helck will air this July during the Summer 2023 anime season.
You can visit the manga’s official website here: https://urasunday.com/title/4