The official website of the anime adaptation of Kore Yamazaki’s Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus’ Bride) has revealed that the upcoming second season will premiere on April 6th. In addition, a brand new visual and promotional video was also released.
Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 will begin its broadcast on Thursday, April 6th on Tokyo MX at 10:00 pm JST. The series will also air on Sun TV on the 7th at 12:30 am JST and on BS11 at 11:00 pm JST.
The second promotional video has been released for the second season, which also previews the Opening theme song Dear by JUNNA:
Here is the announcement promotional video:
The main cast of the anime and OVAs will return:
- Atsumi Tanezaki (Lisa Mishima from Zankyou no Terror) returns to voice Chise Hatori
- Ryouta Takeuchi (Albion in High School DxD) as Elias Ainsworth
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park) will voice Ruth
- Aya Endou (Miyuki Takara from Lucky☆Star) voicing Silky
- Satoshi Hino (Ainz Ooal Gown in Overlord) as Mikhail Renfred
- Mutsumi Tamura (Jinta Yadomi in AnoHana) joins the cast to voice Alice Swayne
The leading members of the anime’s production staff will also return:
- Director: Kazuaki Terasawa (Fukumenkei Noise and Shoukoku no Altair Episode Director)
- Scriptwriters: Aya Takaha (Mahoutsukai no Yome) and Youko Yonaiyama (Uma Musume Pretty Derby)
- Anime Character Designer: Hirotaka Katou (Hoozuki no Reitetsu)
- Chief Animation Director: Kouhei Tokuoka (Sword Art Online: Alicization and Show By Rock!!)
- Music Composer: Junichi Matsumoto (Plunderer)
- Sound Director: Shouji Hata (Fairy Tail, ReLIFE)
- Animation Studio: Studio Kafka (Mahoutsukai no Yome OVAs)
Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus’ Bride) is a fantasy slice-of-life manga written and illustrated by Kore Yamazaki. The series began in late 2013 being serialized under Mag Garden’s Comic Blade magazine before being moved to their Comic Garden magazine in 2014. To date, a total of 18 volumes have been released to date. The series was adapted into an OVA series in 2016 and a full TV Anime series in 2017, and sequel OVAs in 2021. Both the OVA and TV series were produced by Wit Studio (Attack on Titan, Owari no Seraph) and directed by Norihiro Naganuma (Yowamushi Pedal Movie, Hiyokoi).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Despite having the ability to see otherworldly creatures, Chise Hatori has never considered herself lucky. Ever since her parents abandoned her at a young age, it has been the center of her hardship, driving her to the point of selling herself to the slave market, just to secure a place she can call home.
Presented to the bidders as a rare ”Sleigh Beggy”—beings who have an unusually high affinity to magical energies—Chise’s last remaining hope appears in the form of Elias Ainsworth, a mysterious magus more beast than man. Rather than keep her as a slave, he has decided to make her his apprentice, as well as his bride.
Chise is not only physically transported to the English countryside where Elias lives, but also introduced to a world where wondrous things such as fairies and dragons are the norm. But she soon realizes there is as much to fear in her new life as there is to marvel at. And lying at the heart of it all is the question of whether she has fallen into the hands of something much darker than her own inner demons.
The second season of the Mahoutsukai no Yome anime will air every Thursday on Tokyo MX at 10:00 pm JST from April 6, during the Spring 2023 anime season.