Two weeks into the release of Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari III: Cold Blood), the third and final film in Nisio Isin and Vofan’s Kizumonogatari anime film trilogy, a brand new promotional video has been released to entice fans to see the movie once more. The video very briefly flashes over scenes from the movie, showcasing its unique visuals and intense action sequences.
The third and final film in the Kizumonogatari anime trilogy, Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen, is currently in theatres across Japan.
Here is the film’s first PV:
The main cast of the anime films include:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!) returns to voice Koyomi Araragi
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) voices Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade
- Yui Horie (Naru Narusegawa in Love Hina) as Tsubasa Hanekawa
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) is voicing Meme Oshino
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga from Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito ) will voice Episode
There will be three anime films for Kizumonogatari. The first film will be titled Kizumonogatari I Tekketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari I: Blood and Iron) released in Japan on January 8 in Toho Theatres across the nation. The second film, titled Kizumonogatari II Nekketsu-hen (Kizumonogatari II: Passionate Blood), released in Japan on August 19.
The Blu-ray release of the second movie will be out in Japan on December 21st. Here is the commercial for the home release:
The production staff of the Monogatari anime adaptations will also return to produce the movies:
- Chief Director: Akiyuki Simbo (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
- Director: Tatsuya Oishi (Bakemonogatari, MoonPhase Episode Director)
- Anime Character Designers: Akio Watanabe (Bakemonogatari, The World God Only Knows) and Hideyuki Morioka (D.Gray-man, Maria Holic)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Bakemonogatari, Free!)
- Music Composer: Satoru Kousaki (Bakemonogatari, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
Kizumonogatari itself is the third novel in the series set before Bakemonogatari and features the story arc Koyomi Vamp. Here is the synopsis for Kizumonogatari:
“I think it’s about time I talked about Kiss-Shot-Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade. I believe it’s something I have to do. I met her in the spring break between my second and third years of high school. That meeting had such impact and was also quite devastating.”