At AnimeJapan 2023, the staff of the anime adaptation of Rifujin na Magonote and Sirotaka’s Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) has revealed that the upcoming second season will premiere its first part this July. In addition, a brand new visual and promotional video was also revealed.
The official website has revealed that the second season will be streaming across multiple services in Japan.
A brand new promotional video has been released for the upcoming season, teasing events of what’s to come in Rudeus’ adventure to find his mother.
Here is the first promotional video:
The main cast of the first season will return:
- Yumi Uchiyama (Yoko Inokuma in Kiniro Mosaic) will return to voice Rudeus Greyrat
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) as Rudeus Greyrat’s inner voice
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) voicing the role of Eris Boreas Greyrat
- Konomi Kohara (Chika Fujiwara from Kaguya-sama) as Roxy Migurdia
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Sylphiette
- Toshiyuki Morikawa (Minato Namikaze in Naruto) voices the role of Paul Greyrat
- Hisako Kanemoto (Erina in Shokugeki no Souma) as Zenith Greyrat
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) as Ruijerd Supardia
- Yuka Iguchi (Index from Toaru Majutsu no Index) as Kishirika Kishirisu
The leading staff of season 1’s production includes:
- Director and Series Composer: Manabu Okamoto (Gamers!)
- Anime Character Designer: Kazutaka Sugiyama (DARLING in the FRANXX and Occultic;Nine Assistant Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, KonoSuba)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School Idol Project, Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Animation Studios: Studio Bind (Debut production) and Egg Firm (Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan)
Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) is a fantasy light novel written by Rifujin na Magonote and illustrated by Sirotaka. The series originally began as an online web novel published via Shousetsuka ni Narou. The original novel ran from 2012 until 2015. Japanese publisher Media Factory picked up the series in early 2014 publishing Mushoku Tensei through their MF Bunko imprint. A total of 24 volumes have been published to date. The series has also received a manga adaptation in mid-2014 by Yuka Fujikawa that is published under Media Factory’s Monthly Comic Flapper magazine. The series received a TV anime adaptation during the Winter 2020/2021 anime season, produced by Studio Bind and Egg Firm, and directed by Manabu Okamoto. The second half of the anime ran during the Fall/Autumn 2021 anime season, totaling 23 episodes across both seasons.
Here is the synopsis from MAL:
Despite being bullied, scorned, and oppressed all of his life, a thirty-four-year-old shut-in still found the resolve to attempt something heroic—only for it to end in a tragic accident. But in a twist of fate, he awakens in another world as Rudeus Greyrat, starting life again as a baby born to two loving parents.
Preserving his memories and knowledge from his previous life, Rudeus quickly adapts to his new environment. With the mind of a grown adult, he starts to display magical talent that exceeds all expectations, honing his skill with the help of a mage named Roxy Migurdia. Rudeus learns swordplay from his father, Paul, and meets Sylphiette, a girl his age who quickly becomes his closest friend.
As Rudeus’ second chance at life begins, he tries to make the most of his new opportunity while conquering his traumatic past. And perhaps, one day, he may find the one thing he could not find in his old world—love.
A second season of the Mushoku Tensei anime will air its first part this July, during the Summer 2023 anime season.