Following the release of the uncensored versions of the first 4 episodes of the anime adaptation of Akira Hiramoto’s Prison School (Kangoku Gakuen) manga, Niconico have streamed the uncensored version of the next 4 episodes, 5 through 8.
Niconico streamed the uncensored version of the anime, before the release of the anime’s Blu-ray and DVD volumes, known as Prison School: Freedom Edition. The episodes themselves were available last month for a short period of time, weeks after the broadcast of the 8th episode. The final 4 uncensored episodes were also streamed on Niconico at the start of the month.
Note: Spoilers for episodes 5 -8
Here are the comparisons between the censored TV version of the Prison School anime and the uncensored Niconico version. The left side contains the TV version and the right contains the uncensored anime.Click on the images for the full resolution:
The uncensored version of the anime will be out in the upcoming Blu-ray and DVD releases of the anime. The first volume released in September with episodes 1 and 2, and the second volume (cover image at the top) will release on October 28 containing episodes 3 and 4. The remaining volumes include:
- Volume 3 – November 25th with episode 5 & 6
- Volume 4 – December 23rd with episodes 7 & 8
- Volume 5 – January 27th with episodes 9 & 10
- Volume 6 – February 24th with episodes 11 & 12
All volumes will contain uncensored footage of the anime. The Blu-ray version will cost ¥7,000 (~ $57.00 USD) and the DVD will cost ¥6,000 (~ $48.90 USD) without tax. Along with the episodes, the volumes will also contain bonus video and audio material.
The main cast of the anime consists of:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Levi from Attack on Titan) leads the cast as Kiyoshi Fujino
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Luxus Dreher in Fairy Tail) will voice Takehito Morokuzu
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) as Shingo Wakamoto
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) voices Jouji Nezu
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will be voicing Reiji Andou
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) is voicing Mari Kurihara
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) voices the role of Meiko Shiraki
- Kana Hanazawa (Kosaki Onodera in Nisekoi) as Hana Midorikawa
The main production staff of the anime is as follows:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Shirobako, Girls und Panzer)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Shirobako, xxxHolic)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Junichiro Taniguchi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movies, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Toradora! )
Here is the last PV of the anime:
Prison School (Kangoku Gakuen) is a comedy, ecchi romance manga written and illustrated by Akira Hiramoto, who has work on various other successful series including Ago Nashi Gen to Ore Monogatari and Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari. The series began in early 2011 being published in Kodansha’s Young Magazine. To date the series has a total of 16 compiled volumes, with the latest releasing on March 6 this year, and has over 3.5 million volumes in circulation in Japan. The series has also won the Best General Manga award at the 2014 Kodansha’s 37th Annual Manga Awards last May. An anime adaptation of the series was announced earlier this year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Hachimitsu Academy, known for its strict academic standards and even stricter school code, is making a giant change this year. In the first time in school history, they are allowing boys to be admitted. As Fujino Kiyoshi starts his first day at Hachimitsu Academy he is shocked to find out that there are only 4 other guys in the entire school, making the ratio of girls to boys 200:1. And to their dismay, not one of the thousand girls will talk to them or even acknowledge them. But Kiyoshi and the guys are about to find out about the shadow student council that has been threatening the female students about interacting with male students.
The Prison School anime has finished its broadcast. The second Blu-ray and DVD volume of the anime releases on the 28th. Additionally, the director of the anime has noted that a second season of the series is uncertain.
“Kangoku Gakuen”, “Prison School”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Akira Hiramoto, Kodansha, J.C. Staff and the Prison School Production Committee