A brand new visual has been released for Koufuku Graffiti on its official anime website to celebrate Yakiniku Day.The new visual itself is drawn by Makoto Kawai, the author and illustrator of the original manga.
Yakiniku Day is also known as Grilled Meat day, and the visual features the series main character Ryou Machiko eating some grilled meat.
The anime’s cast was earlier revealed on the series’ website. They are as follows:
- Rina Satou (Ritsu Tainaka in K-ON!) as Ryou Machiko
- Asuka Oogame (Erio Touwa from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko) voices Kirin Morino
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko from K) voicing as Shiina
The anime’s staff were also revealed on the website and are as follows:
- Director: Akiyuki Shinbou (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Series Composer: Mari Okada (Nagi no Asukara, Toradora!)
- Character Designer: Kazuya Shiotsuki (Debut anime)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Nisekoi)
Additionally the second visual was also released on the anime’s website:
The first promotional video was also released:
During Comiket 86, some flyers and advertisements for the upcoming series were handed out showcasing the new character designs of the anime and their cast members.
Koufuku Graffiti (Happy Cooking Graffiti) is a 4koma manga series by Makoto Kawai. It began serialization in March 2012 in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Miracle! magazine and to date has a total of 3 compiled volumes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Ryo, a junior high school student, lives alone. She cooks well and builds warm relations with everyone through her cuisine. There will be 4-frames full of minute and accurate depictions of cooking and cuisine, as well as appetizing dining scenes, with tantalizing eroticism during meal time. When lonely, why not eat rice and be warm together?
The Koufuku Graffiti anime will be airing from January 2015 during the Winter 2014/2015 anime season on TBS. Additional information about the series will be released in the weeks leading up to the anime’s premiere.