In the most recent issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, a second season of the anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) manga has been announced.
The current season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime will run for a total of 13 episodes, airing every Sunday, at 5pm JST on MBS and TBS.
The main cast of the anime consists of:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) who will voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) is going to voice All Might
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) will voice Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) joins the cast to voice Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tenya Iida
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice as Tsuyu Asui
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) voicing as Minoru Mineta
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing as Fumikage Tokoyami
- Marina Inoue (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Momo Yaoyorozu
- Toshiki Masuda (Ryuu Zaou in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) is voicing Eijirou Kirishima
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Denki Kaminari
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Shouto Todoroki
- Kousuke Kuwano (First Role) will join the cast as Yuga Aoyama
- Kiyotaka Furushima (Tomoki Tsugawa in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing Hanta Sero
- Kousuke Miyoshi (First Role) as Mashirao Ojiro
- Masakazu Nishida (Kyouma Katagiri from Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation) will play the role of Mezo Shoji
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Mina Ashido
Members of the anime’s staff includes:
- Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Japanese rock band Porno Graffiti performs the anime’s Opening theme, The Day, and the band Brian the Sun performs the Ending theme song, currently not yet revealed.
Here is the anime’s latest promotional video:
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 6 volumes have been compiled. The series has had good reception selling over 200,000 copies in 4 months, with the first volume selling out in short time. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The Boku no Hero Academia anime is currently airing on Sundays at 5pm JST on MBS and TBS, during the Spring 2016 anime season. The anime will run for a total of 13 episodes. A second season of the anime is in production.
“Boku no Hero Academia”, “My Hero Academia”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Kouhei Horikoshi, Shueisha, Studio Bones and the Boku no Hero Academia Production Committee