Update: The anime will actually begin its broadcast on the 8th.
The newest issue of Shueisha’s Shonen Jump Next! magazine has revealed that the upcoming third season of the anime adaptation of Haruichi Furudate’s Haikyuu!! manga will have its broadcast debut on October 7th. The season itself will run for a total of 10 episodes.
The third season of the anime will be titled Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou (Haikyuu!! Karasuno High vs Shiratorizawa Academy). The anime will air on Saturdays at1:55am JST starting October 8th on TBS. It will also air on MBS at 2:10am JST and on CBC at 2:50am JST. Broadcasts will begin on BS-TBS, HBC and RKB from the 9th at 12:00am, 2:28am and 2:40am JST, respectively.
The second teaser promotional video for the third season has been revealed, which reveals that the anime will run for 10 episodes at the end of the video:
The returning anime cast of the Karasuno High Volleyball Club consists of:
- Ayumu Murase (Rui Ninomiya from Gatchaman Crowds) voicing as Shouyou Hinata
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tobio Kageyama
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito) who voices Koushi Sugawara
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) is voicing Daichi Sawamura
- Sumire Morohoshi (Ichigo Hoshimiya from Aikatsu!) is voicing Hitoka Yachi
The main cast of the Shiratorizawa Academy Volleyball Club includes:
- Ryouta Takeuchi (Ren from DRAMAtical Murder) will voice Wakatoshi Ushijima
- Subaru Kimura (Takeshi Gouda in Doraemon (2005+)) is voicing the role of Satori Tendou
- Shinba Tsuchiya (Debut Role) as Tsutomu Goshiki
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!!) voices Kenjirou Shirabu
- Takuma Terashima (Shiroe in Log Horizon) voicing Eita Semi
- Teruyuki Tanzawa (M-24. from Noblesse) is voicing Leon Ohira
- Daiki Oomori (Debut Role) as Taichi Kawanishi
- Kenji Fukuda (Shii in Naruto: Shippuuden) will voice Hayato Yamagata
The leading members of the production staff from the previous seasons will return for season 3:
- Director: Susumu Mitsunaka (Cuticle Tantei Inaba)
- Assistant Director: Mariko Ishikawa (Haikyuu!! and Suisei no Gargantia Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Taku Kishimoto (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Silver Spoon)
- Chief Animation Directors: Yuuko Yahiro (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, Diabolik Lovers) and Takahiro Chiba (Psycho-Pass, Silver Spoon)
- Anime Character Designer: Takahiro Kishida (Durarara!!, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Music Composers: Yuuki Hayashi (Gundam Build Fighters, Death Parade) and Asami Tachibana (Robotics;Notes, Owari no Seraph)
- Animation Studio: Production I.G. (Kuroko no Basket, Ghost in the Shell)
The first teaser video for the upcoming anime has also been released:
Haikyuu!! is a volleyball sports manga written and illustrated by Haruichi Furudate. The Haikyuu!! debuted as a one shot manga that was released in Winter 2011 in Shueisha’s Shonen Jump Next! magazine and another one shot in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. After that one shot the manga became a weekly series in the same magazine where to date a total of 22 compiled volumes have been released. A crossover chapter with Naoshi Komi’s Nisekoi manga was produced in July last year. An anime adaptation of Haikyuu!! was produced this August in the Summer 2014 anime season that ran for a total of 26 episodes. The series was directed by Susumu Mitsunaka (Cuticle Tantei Inaba) and produced by Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell, Kuroko’s Basketball). A second season began in the Fall/Autumn 2015 season for 25 episodes.
Here is a synopsis from MAL:
A chance event triggered Shouyou Hinata’s love for volleyball. His club had no members, but somehow persevered and finally made it into its very first and final regular match of middle school, where it was steamrolled by Tobio Kageyama, a superstar player known as “King of the Court.” Vowing revenge, Hinata applied to the Karasuno High School volleyball club… only to come face-to-face with his hated rival, Kageyama!
A tale of hot-blooded youth and volleyball from the pen of Haruichi Furudate!!
The third season of the Haikyuu!! anime, Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou, will air every Saturday from October 8th on MBS at 2:10am JST, during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season. Further information about season 3 will be revealed in the weeks leading up to the season’s debut.
“Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou”, “Haikyuu!!”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Haruichi Furudate, Shueisha, Production I.G. and Haikyuu!! Production Committee