Animation studio Kyoto Animation (Hibike! Euphonium, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) have announced that Kana Akatsuki and Akiko Takase’s Violet Evergarden light novel, the winner of the 2014 Kyoto Animation Novel Award, will be adapted into an anime.
The studio has produced a brand new commercial that announces the anime project. The commercial itself is animated by the studio and briefly shows off aspects of the novel.
The production staff of the commercial includes:
- Director and Storyboard Artist: Taichi Ishidate (Kyoukai no Kanata, Kyoukai no Kanata I’ll Be Here)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Akiko Takase (Amagi Brilliant Park and Free! Eternal Summer Key Animator)
- Key Animators: Nami Iwasaki (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Kyoukai no Kanata), Fumio Tada (Kyoukai no Kanata, Amagi Brilliant Park), Kohei Okamura (High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, Musaigen no Phantom World), Shinpei Sawa (Tamako Love Story, Kyoukai no Kanata), Nobuaki Maruki (Amagi Brilliant Park Chief Animation Director), Tatsuya Sato (Gundam Build Fighters and Kakumeiki Valvrave Digital Painter) and Miku Kadowaki (Kyoukai no Kanata Character Designer)
- 3D Art: Joji Unoguchi (K-ON! and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Background Artist)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hibike! Euphonium, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
Despite producing the commercial, it has not been confirmed whether the staff will be producing the upcoming anime project.
Here is the novel’s main visual:
And here is the novel’s commercial from Comiket 89:
Violet Evergarden is a Japanese light novel written by Kana Akatsuki and illustrated by Akiko Takase. The novel was entered into the 2014 Kyoto Animation Awards where it became the first winner of the grand prize in the novel category (the first winner of any novel, scenario and manga categories). The novel was published on December 25, 2015 by Kyoto Animation under their KA Esuma Bunko imprint.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Dr. Orlando created a doll that can release natural voice called Auto Memories Doll initially for his beloved wife, but is popular among the world, and even an organization to lend it is established. The lady that looks like she’s from a story book with blond hair and emerald eyes would say “This is Violet Evergarden, Auto Memories Doll Service will be there as soon as the customers wish to” with pretty and natural voice.
An anime adaptation of Violet Evergarden by Kyoto Animation has been announced. Not much is known about the project, including its format and whether the staff of the commercial will return. Further details will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/violet/
Source Article - Anime News Network
"Violet Evergarden", images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Kana Akatsuki, Akiko Takase and Kyoto Animation