The official website of the anime adaptation of Akira Amano’s ēlDLIVE manga has revealed a brand new visual for the January 2017 series. In addition, new members of the cast and production staff were also unveiled.
Three new cast members were revealed for the ēlDLIVE anime:
- Riho Iida (Rin Hoshizora from Love Live! School Idol Project) joins the cast to voice Veronica Boroswick
- Lynn (Maya Kyoudou from Sabagebu!) will voice the role of Nina “Ninotchka” Mihailovna Pavlova
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) As Dr. Taklamakan Strange Love
They will join the previously announced cast members that includes:
- Ayumu Murase (Shouyou Hinata from Haikyuu!!) leading the cast as Chuuta Kokonose
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Misuzu Sonokata
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana in Free!) will voice Laine Blick
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voiding as Drew
- Daiki Kobayashi (Nico from Nanbaka) joins the cast as Chips
The first members of the anime’s production staff were revealed and consists of:
- Director: Takeshi Furuta (Uta no Prince-sama Maji LOVE Legend Star, Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to)
- Assistant Director: Tomoya Tanaka (Ore Monogatari!! and Osomatsu-san Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Toshimitsu Takeuchi (Weiß Survive R, Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Seung Ah Han (Boruto: Naruto the Movie and Tokyo Ghoul Key Animator)
- Music Composer: Yasuharu Takanashi (Naruto Shippuuden, Log Horizon)
- Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto)
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
An exhibition featuring Amano’s works was held at the Tokyo pixiv Zingaro gallery From July 31st till August 9th. The exhibition also featured a new anime short featuring Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, the first bit of animation since the 2010 anime, and ēlDLIVE, with the first glimpse of the anime.
ēlDLIVE is an action Sci-Fi manga written and illustrated by Akira Amano. The series began in mid 2013 and is being published under Shueisha’s smartphone application Shonen Jump+ (formerly Jump Live). To date a total of 6 compiled volumes have been published. Amano is known for her 2004-2012 Katekyou Hitman Reborn! manga, which was also adapted into an anime in 2006.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Chuuta Kokonose is an orphan who lives with his aunt. For as long as he can remember he’s had a voice in his head, but other than that he’s a normal boy—right until the day when a strangely-looking thing follows him home and teleports him to a place filled with more fantastic creatures. It’s a space police station, and Rein Brickke, the Chief of Solar System Department, tells him that he’s been chosen by the computer as a possible candidate to join the police force, although Misuzu Sonokata, a girl from Chuuta’s school with an angelic face and ill temper who turns out to be one of Rein Brickke’s subordinates, doesn’t think him suitable for such a job. Chuuta, who was shocked at first, decides to take aptitude test after being urged by the voice in his head and to prove Misuzu wrong.
A TV anime adaptation of ēlDLIVE will be airing in January 2017, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Moca News
"ēlDLIVE", images, video, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Akira Amano, Shueisha and Studio Pierrot