The official website of the TV anime adaptation Nami Sano’s Sakamoto desu ga? (Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto) manga has revealed that the series will start its broadcast from April 8th. In addition, a brand new visual was also revealed alongside the main cast and promotional video.
Sakamoto desu ga? will air on Fridays at 2:28am JST on TBS starting from April 8th. It will also air on CBC at 3:30am JST and on MBS from the 9th at 3:10am JST.
The main cast of the series was also revealed with the character designs. The main characters include:
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Kyousuke Natsume from Little Busters!) will voice Sakamoto
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) as Yoshinobu Kubota
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing as Atsushi Maeda
- Ken Takeuchi (Keita Suminoe in Kiss x Sis) is going to voice Mario
- Nobuyuki Hiyama (Hiei in Yu Yu Hakusho) plays the role of Kenken
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Monogatari) voices Aina Kuronuma
- Showtaro Morikubo (Shikamaru Nara from Naruto) as Yuuya Sera
- Yukari Tamura (Nui Harime in Kill la Kill) is voicing Kana
Here is the first promotional video for the Sakamoto Desu Ga? anime:
The first members of the anime’s staff were also revealed:
- Director: Shinji Takamatsu (Gintama, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
- Anime Character Design: Atsuko Nakajima (Trinity Blood, Meganebu!)
- Music Composer: Yasuhiko Fukuda (Kocchi Muite Miko, Doamaiger D)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin)
Sakamoto desu ga? (Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto) is a comedy school manga written and illustrated by Nami Sano. The series ran from 2012 till December last year in Kadokawa’s harta magazine. A total of 4 volumes have been published, with the last volume being released on January 14th.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
First year high school student Sakamoto isn’t just cool, he’s the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone’s attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There’s even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class
The Sakamoto desu ga? anime is being produced and will air on April 8th at 2:28am JST on TBS, during the Spring 2016 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed soon.
“Sakamoto desu ga?”, “Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Nami Sano, Kadokawa and Studio Deen