The official website of the anime adaptation of Type-Moon’s Fate/Extra PlayStation Portable game has revealed a brand new visual and promotional video for the the upcoming series. Fate/Extra Last Encore will premiere on January 28th, 2018.
Here is the anime’s previous visual:
The third promotional video for the anime has been released, which introduces to us the main characters, premise and the main theme songs:
And a brand new 15 second commercial:
Here is the first promotional video of the anime:
And here is the announcement video:
The first episode of the Fate/Extra Last Encore anime will broadcast on the midnight of January 27, effectively January 28, on Tokyo MX, GTV, Tochigi TV, and BS11. The series will also air on MBS on the 31st at 3:30am JST.
The main cast of Fate/Extra Last Encore consists of:
- Sakura Tange (Saber from Carnival Phantasm, Sakura Kinomoto in Cardcaptor Sakura) who will voice Saber
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index) voices Hakuno Kishinami
- Kana Ueda (Yumi Fukuzawa from Maria-sama ga Miteru) voicing as Rin Tohsaka
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi in Bakemonogatari) as Shinji Matou
- Noriko Shitaya (Haruko Amaya in Maken-Ki!) will voice Sakura Matou
- Ayaka Imamura (Miyabi Hotaka from Absolute Duo) voicing Misao
- Urara Takano (Kai Hiwatari from Beyblade) joins the cast to voice Rider
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) voicing as Archer
- Ai Nonaka (Kyouko Sakura in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice Caster
- Kunihiko Yasui (Iori Yagami in King of Fighters) as Berserker
The production staff of the anime includes:
- Chief Director: Akiyuki Simbo (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Director: Yukihiro Miyamoto (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movies, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Series Composer: Kinoko Nasu (Fate/stay night, Kara no Kyoukai)
- Anime Character Designer: Masaaki Takiyama (Tokyo ESP, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
- Music Composer: Satoru Kousaki (Bakemonogatari, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be Bright Burning Shout by Takanori Nishikawa and the Ending theme song will be Sayuri’s Tsuki to Hanataba.
Fate/EXTRA is a JRPG that is set in a parallel universe to the main game. It was released in Japan on July 2010 for the PSP, with a spin-off titled Fate/EXTRA CCC being released in March 2013. The Opening animated sequence to the game was animated by studio Shaft and directed by Akiyuki Shinbo (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica).
Fate/stay night is a visual novel released by Type-Moon for the PC in 2004, and is the first in their Fate series. The visual novel was very successful and claimed the title of highest selling visual novel in that year. 2006 saw two adaptations of the game, a manga by Datto Nishiwaki and an anime series by Studio Deen. Additionally in that year, a light novel series titled Fate/Zero was written by Gen Urobuchi. It is a prequel to the visual novels, set 10 years prior. An anime and manga adaptation of Fate/Zero were created, with the manga written by Urobuchi himself in 2011 and the anime being animated by ufotable. A second season of Fate/Zero was also produced. ufotable produced a new Fate/stay night anime based on the Unlimited Blade Works route and is producing a Fate/stay night trilogy based on the Heaven’s Feel Route.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Raised by a mysterious sorcerer after the horrific death of his parents, Shiro Emiya has only just begun to help others using the small tidbits of magic that he’s learned. However, when he’s suddenly caught in a battle between two more powerful Magus, Shiro finds himself performing a spell above his expected ability, summoning the beautiful spirit warrior Saber to protect him! But safety is only momentary as Shiro and Saber now find themselves thrust into in a secret world of dark magic and deadly challenges: a no-holds barred duel to the death known as the Holy Grail War! At stake: a prize of unimaginable power. But can the inexperienced Shiro and Saber survive long enough to even enter the contest? First they’ll have to withstand waves of treachery and assassination, even as Shiro scrambles to learn everything he’ll need to know to stay alive as seven teams of Magus and Spirit Servants face off in mortal combat!
A Fate/EXTRA TV anime adaptation, titled Fate/EXTRA Last Encore, will air every Sunday at midnight on Tokyo MX, GTV, Tochigi TV, and BS11 from January 28, throughout the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.