The official website of the anime adaptation of Cool Kyoushinsha’s 4-koma manga Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken has finally opened. With the website’s launch it has revealed lots of new information about the upcoming anime, including its staff and cast, character designs, the first promotional video and visual, and the reveal that the 13 episode anime will be airing this October.
The anime’s website has revealed lots of new information for the upcoming Fall/Autumn 2014 anime. The website has announced that the series will be animated by Seven, who animated Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san and Recorder to Randoseru Do♪. The main cast of the Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken anime was also revealed, in addition to the first set of character designs. The cast is as follows:
- Yukari Tamura (Nui Harime in Kill la Kill) will voice the Kaoru Tsunashi, a hard-working office woman married to Hajime
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) is voicing Hajime Tsunashi, the husband of Kaoru, an otaku and an avid online imageboard user
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) will be voicing Rino Juse, a close friend of Hajime who is married to Toshifumi. She looks very young, so much so that it is unbelievable that she is married
- Toshifumi Sakai (First main role) voices Nozomu Juse, Rino’s husband. Though due to Rino’s appearance and size, Nozomu often gets reported to the police when they both go out together
- Ryouko Shintani (Sae in Hidamari Sketch) as Tanaka, another close friend of Hajime since High School. She is a nerdy doctor and is married to Yamada
- Daisuke Tonosaki (First main role) is voicing Yamada, Tanaka’s husband
- Sayaka Horino (Mikine Nezu from Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san) voices Mayotama, a very feminine looking girl who is Hajime’s brother. He also likes to draw manga
- Kaori Shimizu (Lain Iwakura in Serial Experiments Lain) as Miki, a detective who is investigating a certain online imageboard and has had contact with Hajime. She goes under the username of Destiny Fucker
The anime’s production staff was also revealed and includes the following:
- Director and Screenplay Writer: Shinpei Nagai (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san)
- Character Designer and Animation Director: Ryuichi Baba (Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Gundalian Invaders)
- Sound Director: Masakatsu Oomuro (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Sparrow’s Hotel)
- Music Composer: G-angle (Debut role)
- Animation Studio: Seven (Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san, Recorder to Randoseru Do♪)
- Production: Dream Creation (Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki, Strange+)
The website also released the first promotional video for Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken, which previews the anime’s Opening song Iikagen ni Shite, Anata performed by Yukari Tamura and Kenichi Suzumura, the voices of Kaoru and Hajime respectively.
Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying) is a 4-koma web manga series by Cool Kyoushinsha. The series is released on Kyoushinsha’s website where it gained enough popularity for publisher Ichijinsha to compile and publish the manga into 4 volumes to date, the last of which released in June this year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The anime follows the daily life of an earnest, hardworking office lady named Kaoru and her otaku husband, Hajime, who is totally immersed in a certain huge net bulletin board system.
The Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken anime adaptation will be airing from the 2nd of October during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season. The series will be one season long with 13 episodes.
Source Article and Images – Natalie Comics
Source Images – Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken Anime Website
“Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken”, “I Can’t Understand What My Husband Is Saying”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Cool Kyoushinsha, Ichijinsha, Seven, Dream Creation and Danna ga Production Committee