New information has been released about the upcoming second season of the anime adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei’s Knights of Sidonia (Sidonia no Kishi) manga on the anime’s official website. The anime’s visual, cast, staff and second promotional video have all been released, as well as the series’ Ending song. Additionally, the first visual and promotional video has released for the anime adaptation of Nihei’s other manga series, Blame! The release date of the compilation film was also revealed.
The cast of Knights of Sidonia: War of the Ninth Planet (Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki) was revealed and includes many returning characters, including:
- Ryota Osaka (Haruto Tokishima in Kakumeiki Valvrave) as series lead Nagate Tanikaze
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) returning to voice Tsumugi Shiraui
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) voices Izana Shinatose
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) as Norio Kunato
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) will voice Mozuku Kunato
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) will return to play Yuhata Midorikawa
- Eri Kitamura (Yui from Angel Beats!) as the Honoka sisters
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) returning as Kobayashi
The staff were also revealed, with some changes to the original crew, including Hiroyuki Seshita replacing Koubun Shizuno (Detective Conan Co-Director) as director. The staff includes:
- Director: Hiroyuki Seshita (Knights of Sidonia Co-Director)
- Deputy Directors: Hiroaki Ando (Gambo, Digital Juice ), Kichihei Naohiro (Transformers Prime)
- Series Composer and Screenplay Writer: Sadayuki Murai (Knights of Sidonia, Steamboy)
- CG Supervisors: Uehon Masayuki (Debut Anime Role), Sugai Susumu (Debut Anime Role)
- Anime Character Designer: Moriyama Yuki (Knights of Sidonia, Angel Beats! Animation Finisher)
- Battle Animatiques: Eiji Ogushi (Knights of Sidonia, Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life CGI Assistant)
- Storyboard: Hiroyuki Morita (Knights of Sidonia, Neko no Ongaeshi)
- Sound Director: Iwanami Yoshikazu (Knights of Sidonia, Kill la Kill)
- Music Composer: Noriyuki Asakura (Knights of Sidonia, Rurouni Kenshin)
- Animation Production: Polygon Pictures (Knights of Sidonia, Transformers Prime)
The anime’s Ending theme was also revealed. The ED will be performed by EBiDAN and the title of theme is Customize Z.
The second promotional video for Knights of Sidonia: War of the Ninth Planet was also released:
The first visual for the Blame! anime adaptation was also released alongside its new titled: Blame! Tanmatsu Ikou Toshi (Blame! The Ancient Terminal City).
Tsutomu Nihei produced the manga before Knights of Sidonia, which ran from 1998 till 2003 for a total of 10 volumes. It also received an anime adaptation in the form of 6 web specials in 2003 from Group TAC (Igano Kabamaru , Tantei Gakuen Q). The upcoming adaptation will be produced and shown alongside Knights of Sidonia: War of the Ninth Planet.
The first promotional video for Blame! The Ancient Terminal City was also revealed:
The site has also revealed the release date for the recently announced compilation film of the first Knights of Sidonia anime. The film will be releasing in Japan on March 6th, and will contain a remaster of the series’ audio with 5.1 surround sound. It will also include new scenes, and upgraded visual scenes.
Knights of Sidonia (Sidonia no Kishi) is a manga series written and illustrated by Tsutomu Nihei. The series debuted in April 2009 in Kodansha’s Afternoon magazine and to date there has been a total of 13 compiled volumes released. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in April this year for a total of 12 episodes. The anime is produced by Polygon Pictures, in their first full TV anime production, and is directed by Koubun Shizuno (Detective Conan, Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride). A recap compilation film of the first season was recently announced. It will also include new scenes and updated remastered audio for its theatrical release.
Here is a synopsis of Knights of Sidonia from MAL:
It’s been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous “seed ships” like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity!
The Knights of Sidonia: War of the Ninth Planet anime will be airing in Japan from April 2015, during the Spring 2015 anime season, and will be airing alongside the Blame! The Ancient Terminal City anime. Further information about both series will release soon.
Source Article and Images – Moca News
Source Article – Niconico News
Source Article – Yaraon
“Knights of Sidonia: War of the Ninth Planet”, “Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki”, “Knights of Sidonia”, “Sidonia no Kishi”, “Blame!”, “Blame! The Ancient Terminal City”, “Blame! Tanmatsu Ikou Toshi”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Tsutomu Nihei, Polygon Pictures, Kodansha and KOS Production Committee