During the Wake Up, Girls! Festa.2014 Winter event the cast and staff of the Wake Up, Girls! anime have announced that a Wake Up, Girls! movie set after the anime will be releasing in Japanese theatres in 2015. The announcement was accompanied with the first trailer and the first key visual.
The event itself was held at the Makuhari Messe convention centre in Chiba City. It is a live event that features the main cast of the anime singing the various songs from the idol anime, as well as Q and A sessions. The event also announced that a new OST titled Wake Up, Best! will be releasing in Japan on March 18 next year, containing the songs from the anime and music videos, selling for ¥5,300 (~$53.00 USD) without tax.
The cast and staff of the original anime series will be returning in the upcoming film. The main cast includes:
- Airi Eino (Debut Role) will return as Airi Hayashida
- Nanami Yamashita (Chifuyu Himeki from Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) will reprise her role of Nanami Hisami
- Minami Tanaka (Hannah N. Fontanstand in Hanayamata) voicing as Minami Katayama
- Kaya Okuno (Yaya Sasame in Hanayamata) will be back to voice Kaya Kikuma
- Yoshino Aoyama (Debut Role) voices Yoshino Nanase
- Miyu Takagi (Hacka Doll No. 1 from Hacka Doll Anime Special) as Miyu Okamoto
- Mayu Yoshioka (Debut Role) returning as Mayu Shimada
The returning staff includes:
- Director: Yutaka Yamamoto (Lucky☆Star, Senyuu.)
- Scriptwriter: Touko Machida (Lucky☆Star, Hamatora: The Animation)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Sunao Chikaoka (Kyo no Gononi, Hen Semi)
- Music Composer: MONACA (Hanayamata, Oregairu)
- Animation Studio: Ordet (Senyuu., Black★Rock Shooter)
The first trailer for the Wake Up, Girls! Movie was also revealed at the event:
The official website for the film has launched and released a slightly different version of the visual:
Wake Up, Girls! is an original anime series project produced by animation studios Ordet (Senyuu., Black★Rock Shooter) and Tatsunoko Productions (Ping Pong The Animation, SKET Dance). The series aired from January this year for a total of 12 episodes, in conjunction with the animated prequel film Wake Up, Girls! Shichinin no Idol. The idol anime was directed by Yutaka Yamamoto (Senyuu., Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku) with Touko Machida (Lucky Star, Amnesia) handling the series composition and Sunao Chikaoka (Kyo no Gononi, Hen Semi) designing the characters.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Green Leaves Entertainment is a tiny production company on the verge of going out of business in Sendai, the biggest city in Japan’s northeastern Tohoku region. The agency once managed the careers of magicians, photo idols, fortune-tellers, and other entertainers, but its last remaining client finally quit. In danger of having zero talent (literally), the president Tange hatches an idea of producing an idol group. On the brash president’s orders, the dissatisfied manager Matsuda heads out to scout raw talent. Matsuda makes a fateful encounter with a certain girl…
The Wake Up, Girls! sequel film will be releasing in Japan in 2015. Further information about the movie will be released in the upcoming months.
You can visit the movie’s website here: http://wakeupgirls2.jp/
Visit the project’s site: http://wug-portal.jp/
And follow their Twitter: @wakeupgirls_PR
Source Article and Images – 2015 Wake Up, Girls! Movie Website
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Wake Up, Girls”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Ordet, Tatsunoko Production and Green Leaves Entertainment