The official website for the anime adaptation of Wataru Watanabe’s manga Majimoji Rurumo has announce the series’ air date. The anime will air from July 7 on AT-X, Tokyo MX.
The website has revealed the some of the voice actors/actress of the series, as well as the character designs for the two main characters of the series.
- Suzuko Mimori (Sherlock Shellingford from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes) will be voicing Rurumo Maji Mojiruka
- Makoto Takahashi (First major role) will voice Kouta Shibaki
The following are the supporting cast:
- Misato Fukuen (Konjiki no Yami in To LOVE-Ru) will voice Chiro
- Shizuka Ishigami (Namu Mayu from Kenzen Robo Daimidaler) as Sumiko Inoue
- Yurika Endou (Rina Sakai in Sakura Trick) as Tanako Kujirai
In addition to the cast, the staff and crew who will be working on Majimoji Rurumo‘s production has also been revealed. They are:
- Director: Chikara Sakurai (Little Busters!)
- Script Writer: Mariko Kunisawa (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Shinryaku! Ika Musume)
- Character Designer: Kazunori Iwakura (Nabari no Ou, Little Busters! ~Refrain~)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Little Busters!, WataMote)
- Animation Studio: J.C.Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
The Majimoji Rurumo manga from Wataru Watanabe began in 2007. The series is published in Kodansha’s Monthly Shounen Sirius magazine. To date there are 7 volumes in the original Majimoji Rurumo manga that ended in 2011. Since then Watanabe produced two additional manga series, Magimoji Rurumo: Makai-hen – that ran through 2011-2013 for 4 volumes, and the current series Magimoji Rurumo: Houkago no Mahou Chugakusei that debuted last June. Wataru Watanabe is also known for his 2008 manga Yowamushi Pedal.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Shibaki is a high-school boy whose only interest is girls. Except he’s been branded as the most hentai boy at school and the girls avoid him like the plague. One day he finds a book in the library about how to summon witches. He tries it as a joke, but it turns out to be the real thing. An apprentice witch named Rurumo appears to grant him a wish. Shibaki helps Rurumo and she in return refuses to take his soul. (This part of this story happened before the start of chapter1) When the story starts, Shibaki wishes he could see Rurumo again. His wishes is granted immediately as Rurumo falls from the sky and crash lands in front of him. He finds out that as punishment for not taking his soul she’s been busted down to an apprentice demon. Now, she must complete the task of getting Shibaki to use up 666 magic tickets that grant wishes before she can become a witch again. However, what she doesn’t know is that each time he uses a ticket it shortens his life. When the last ticket is used up, Shibaki will die. Shibaki knows this because Rurumo’s familiar black cat Chiro tell him as part of the “contract” for giving him the tickets. Now, Shibaki has a choice, make a wish and help Rurumo become a witch again or resist the temptation and try to save his own life.
The anime adaptation of Majimoji Rurumo will air on July 7, during the Summer 2014 anime season. More information and visuals about the series will release in the upcoming weeks.
“Majimoji Rurumo”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Wataru Watanabe, Kodansha and J.C. Staff