North American anime distributor and licensor Funimation have revealed a preview video for their English dub of the anime adaptation of Saki Nakagawa’s Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou) parody manga. The cast of the dub of the original Attack on Titan anime returns to reprise their roles in the parody series, which includes: Bryce Papenbrook (Kirito in Sword Art Online) as Eren Yeager, Josh Grelle (Ichika Orimura from IS: Infinite Stratos) as Armin Arlert, Trina Nishimura (Kurisu Makise in Steins;Gate) as Mikasa Ackerman, Matthew Mercer (Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4 The Animation) as Levi, and Ashly Burch (Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate) as Sasha Brouse.
The dub for the Attack on Titan: Junior High anime will air every Wednesday at 8pm CT on Funimation’s DubbleTalk block. The show is also airing in Japan every Sunday at 1:58am JST on MBS.
The production staff of Attack on Titan: Junior High will be different from the staff behind the main series. The staff of the spin-off anime includes:
- Director: Yoshihide Ibata (Ashiaraiyashiki no Juunin-tachi.)
- Scriptwriter: Midori Gotou (Blood+, Genshiken Nidaime)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuko Yahiro (Diabolik Lovers, B Gata H Kei)
- Art Director: Kazuhiro Arai (Kurenai, Gunparade Orchestra)
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Pokemon)
- Music Composer: Asami Tachibana (Gundam Build Fighters Try, Haikyu!!)
- Animation Studio: Production I.G. (Ghost in the Shell, Psycho-Pass)
The anime’s main visual:
Here is the anime’s synopsis:
The story follows Eren Yeager and Mikasa Ackerman entering Titan Jr. High, a school where humans and Titans study in the same area in coexistence. Because of a “traumatic” event, where the Colossal Titan ate his lunch back in middle school, Eren hates the Titans, and is constantly trying to find a way to rid the earth of their kind. Because of this, he has a hard time making friends, much to Mikasa’s worry.