Online Japanese media streaming site Crunchyroll have announced that they have acquired the rights to stream the highly anticipated Digimon Adventure tri. Not only that, the anime will be available in a few hours, just as the anime releases in Japan.
Crunchyroll will stream the first four episodes of the anime starting in just a few hours. That is, the first episode will be available on November 20th at 7:00am PST/10:00am EST/11:00am SAST/2:00am AEDT for Crunchyroll users in North America, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.
Here is the anime’s synopsis on Crunchyroll:
It’s been six years since that summer adventure when Taichi “Tai” Yagami and the rest of the DigiDestined crossed over to the Digital World. And nearly three years have passed since the final battle between Hikari Yagami’s group and BelialVamdemon. As the peaceful days passed by, at some point the gate to the Digital World closed. Not even the DigiDestined know what caused this, and time alone continues to pass.
On one such day, a Kuwagamon suddenly appears in Odaiba. Its rampage leaves the town in ruins, and the people there in turmoil. Taichi happens to catch sight of the Kuwagamon, and he chases after it all by himself in an effort to halt its rampage. But there’s nothing he can do against a Kuwagamon.
“It’s no use… I can’t do anything about this alone…”
Just as the Kuwagamon roars and attacks Taichi, his Digivice begins to emit a bright light…
“Taichi, look how big you’ve grown!”
With the sound of that nostalgic voice, the story once again begins to move in a big way.
the adventure evolves
For German fans who feel left out, Animax Germany will be broadcasting the anime on their channel this Sunday, at 8:15pm CET. The anime has been allocated a 110 minute timeslot and will have Japanese audio and German subtitles.
The anime will officially release in Japan in theatres across the country in a couple hours, on the stroke of midnight before November 21st.
There will be a new cast voicing the anime’s original 8 Digi-Destined:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
Two new characters to the series include:
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) joins the cast to voice Daigo Nishijima
- Yuuko Kaida (Shimei Ryomou from Ikkitousen) will voice Maki Himekawa
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime and its sequel, Digimon Adventure 02, will be returning in Digimon Adventure tri. to voice their respective characters once again. They include:
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
Here is the first promotional video of the anime:
The second PV:
And the third PV:
And the first 5 minutes of the first episode, Saikai (Reunion):
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. 2014 marked the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new 6 episode anime film/OVA series anime titled Digimon Adventure tri. releasing in Japanese cinemas this November.
Digimon Adventure tri. will be a 6 part anime film series with the first episode releasing in Japan on November 21st this year. Crunchyroll will stream the first four episodes of the anime, the first starting on November 20 at 7am PST, and Animax Germany will show the first episode on November 22nd at 8:15pm CET.
Here is the Crunchyroll link for the anime: http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-adventure-tri
You can visit the anime’s official website here: http://digimon-adventure.net/
And follow the campaign on Twitter: @Digi_advntr15th
“Digimon Adventure tri.”, “Digimon”, “Digimon Adventure”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Akiyoshi Hongo, Bandai and Toei Animation