Following the theatrical release of the first movie in Digimon Adventure tri., the first details for the second film has been revealed. It will release in Japan on March 12th and its Blu-ray and DVD release will be out in Japan on April 2nd.
The Digimon Adventure tri. series will be comprised of a total of 6 films. The first film was composed of episodes 1-4 and the second film will continue in March with episodes 5-8. The second film will be titled Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 2: Ketsui (Determination) and the first visual for the movie was also previewed, with a high definition version coming soon.
Additionally, Amazon Japan has revealed that the Blu-ray and DVD release of the second film will be out in Japan on April 2nd.
The first four episodes/first film of the anime is currently available on Crunchyroll. The Blu-ray and DVD release of Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Saikai will be out in Japan on December 18. The DVD version will be out on February 2nd next year. Also, Crunchyroll currently has the first four episodes of the anime for streaming in North America, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.
There will be a new cast voicing the anime’s original 8 Digi-Destined:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
Two new characters to the series include:
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) joins the cast to voice Daigo Nishijima
- Yuuko Kaida (Shimei Ryomou from Ikkitousen) will voice Maki Himekawa
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime and its sequel, Digimon Adventure 02, will be returning in Digimon Adventure tri. to voice their respective characters once again. They include:
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
Here is the first promotional video of the anime:
The second PV:
And the third PV:
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. 2014 marked the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new 6 episode anime film/OVA series anime titled Digimon Adventure tri. releasing in Japanese cinemas this November.
The second chapter of Digimon Adventure tri., Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 2: Ketsui, will have its theatrical release in Japan on March 12th, with its Blu-ray and DVD coming out on April 2nd. There will be a total of 6 chapters in the anime.
Source Article and Images – MyAnimeList
“Digimon Adventure tri.”, “Digimon”, “Digimon Adventure”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Akiyoshi Hongo, Bandai and Toei Animation