The official Twitter account of the anime adaptation of Adachitoka’s Noragami manga has revealed that the Tokyo MX broadcast of Noragami Aragoto’s 11th episode has been delayed by one week.
TOKYO MXにて、12月11日（金）25:05～放送を予定しておりました「ノラガミ ARAGOTO」第11話は、予定を変更して12月18日（金）25:05～放送予定となります。視聴者の皆さまにはお詫び申し上げます。誠に申し訳ございません。 #ノラガミ
— アニメ「ノラガミ ARAGOTO」公式 (@noragami_PR) December 10, 2015
The anime’s 11th episode on Tokyo MX, which was scheduled to air on Saturday, December 12th at 1:05am JST, has been delayed and will now air on the 18th in the same time slot. Despite this, the episode will still air on MBS at 3:10am JST on the 12th.
The anime’s production committee recently announced that they are recalling all current shipments and discs, and stopping all future shipments, of the OST (~Noragami no Oto 2~) immediately. The track Push Buttons, from the OST, has been a case of controversy. The song itself features an improper use of the Muslim call to prayer, known as the Adzan.
The disc itself was released in Japan on November 25th. Due to the recall of the OST, the 1st Blu-ray and DVD volume of Noragami Aragoto has been delayed; it was previously scheduled for December 18.
The main cast of Noragami Aragoto includes:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Levi from Attack on Titan) returns as Yato
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will be back to voice Hiyori Iki
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Yukine
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Shino Asada in Sword Art Online II) voices Bishamon
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will voice Kazuma
- Kazuhiko Inoue (Kakashi Hatake from Naruto) is back as Kuraha
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) is voicing Kofuku
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) returning to voice Daikoku
- Tooru Ohkawa (Toshio Ozaki from Shiki) as Tenjin
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) will voice Nora
- Hisako Tojo (Albertina II in Himegoto) joins the cast to voice Aiha
- Takanori Hoshino (Natsume Kagiya from Senkou no Night Raid) will voice Kugaha
The main members of the anime’s staff lists:
- Director: Kotaro Tamura (Noragami, Wolf Children Assistant Director)
- Series Composer: Deko Akao (Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Toshihiro Kawamoto (Cowboy Bebop, Wolf’s Rain)
- Animation Studio: Bones (Hitsugi no Chaika, Cowboy Bebop)
Here is the first promotional video for the anime:
Noragami is a supernatural manga written and illustrated by Adachitoka. The series began in late 2010 being published in Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Magazine where a total of 12 main volumes have been compiled and published. The series received a Drama CD adaptation with the 9th volume in late 2013. An anime adaptation of Noragami was produced in 2014 for a total of 12 episodes, being directed by Kotaro Tamura (Wolf Children Assistant Director) and produced by Bones (Hitsugi no Chaika, Cowboy Bebop).
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine and gain recognition as a god, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled “delivery god.” Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost killed in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a “hanyou,” a person who can exit her body in soul form. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together to help Yato be recognized. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a Regalia, a “sacred treasure” that can be used by a god as a weapon to fight. The three of them battle phantoms who bring harm to humans as Yato’s dark hidden history is gradually revealed.
The Tokyo MX broadcast of the 11th episode of Noragami Aragoto will be delayed until next week. The MBS broadcast of the episode will still be shown, at 3:010am JST on the 12th.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://noragami-anime.net/
And follow them on Twitter: @noragami_PR
“Noragami Aragoto”, “Noragami”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Adachitoka, Kodansha, Bones and the Noragami Production Committee