The anime adaptation of Norimitsu Kaihou and Sadoru Chiba’s Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!) manga is one of the more popular series this season for its unique premise. So much so that fans have decided to recreate the anime’s Opening sequence in their own way.
The Gakkou Gurashi! TV anime is currently airing this season every Thursday at 11:30pm JST on Tokyo MX.
Here is the anime’s OP for comparison:
The main cast of the Gakkou Gurashi! anime includes:
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) will be voicing Yuki Takeya
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) is voicing Kurumu Ebisuzawa
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Yuuri Wakasa
- Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako) voices Miki Naoki
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) will voice Megumi Sakura
- Emiri Katou (Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice Taromaru
The main members of the anime’s consists of:
- Director: Masaomi Ando (White Album 2, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse)
- Series Composer: Norimitsu Kaihou (Manga’s Creator)
- Anime Character Designer: Haruko Iizuka (Little Busters!, Tamayura)
- Animation Studio: Studio Lerche (Fate/Prototype, Assassination Classroom)
Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!) is a cute, slice of life manga series written by Norimitsu Kaihou and illustrated by Sadoru Chiba that started in 2012. Kaihou is a writer from the visual novel developer Nitro+. The series is currently being serialized in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Forward magazine. To date, there have been 4 compiled volumes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Takeya Yuki is in love with the school. For her, it’s a wonderful place, where she enjoys her school activities, especially the activities of her club, the School Life Club. The club has Rii-chan as the president, Kurumi-chan as another member, and the teacher, Megu-nee, always there for them. Yes, she is in love with her school… in her mind. Because, for her, the reality of the school and their club’s activities is way too hard to be perceived…