The official website of ufotable’s upcoming anime adaptation of Bandai Namco’s God Eater series has been updated to reveal that the anime will be airing from July 5th this Summer. Additionally, a brand new visual, the first members of the anime’s cast, staff and the first promotional video has also been revealed.
The God Eater anime will debut on July 5th on Tokyo MX at 10:30pm JST. The anime will then air on BS11, Sun TV and other channels in the following days.
ニコニコ生放送、ご覧いただきありがとうございます！ TVアニメ「ゴッドイーター」放送局情報解禁！ 2015年7月5日（日）より、TOKYO MXほかにて放送開始！ ※放送日時は予告なく変更になる場合がございます。 #GEanime pic.twitter.com/8kciwFYpYw
— TVアニメ「GOD EATER」公式 (@god_eater_anime) April 23, 2015
The first main members of the anime’s cast has been revealed. The majority of the cast from the games will return to voice their characters in the anime, with one new original character.
- Ryuuichi Kijima (Argyllo in Beast Saga) will lead as original character Renka Utsugi (in Visual)
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Alisa Ilinichina Amiella (in Visual)
- Hiroaki Hirata (Sanji from One Piece) returns to voice Lindow Amamiya
- Kazuya Nakai (Roronoa Zoro from One Piece) will voice Soma Schicksal
- Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura in Gintama) is back as Kota Fujiki
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) will be voicing Sakuya
Additional members of the main staff of the God Eater anime has also been revealed and includes:
- Director and Sound Director: Takayuki Hirao (Kara no Kyoukai 5, Gyo)
- Anime Character Designer: Keita Shimizu (Fate/Zero and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masaru Yanaka (Captain Earth, Fate/Zero Background Art)
- Director of Photography: Seiji Matsuda (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai)
- CGI Director: Masato Takizawa (Fate/Zero, Doraemon: Nobita no Uchuu kaitakushi)
- Music Composer: Go Shiina (God Eater and Tales of. Games)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
It was also revealed that the duo OLDCODEX (Free! OP, Kuroko’s Basketball ED2) will be performing the Opening theme song for God Eater.
The first full promotional video for the anime was also released and previews some of the series’ animation from ufotable.
Here is the anime’s announcement video that was released earlier in the year:
God Eater is an Action Role Playing, Hack n Slash game developed by Shift and published by Bandai Namco Games. The games are set in a dystopian future Japan, where large monsters called Aragami have destroyed most of mankind. In the games you play as a God Eater, a small group of soldiers whose sole purpose is to defeat the Aragami using weapons made from the Aragami’s cells. A total of 3 games have been released since its start in 2010. The first game in the series released in Japan in February 2010 for the PlayStation Portable with an updated release titled Gods Eater Burst later in the year, where it also released internationally. A direct sequel to the game was published last year in Japan on the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita. The game has been announced to be localised, but no date has been given yet.
The God Eater anime will be airing from July 5th on Tokyo MX at 10:30pm JST this Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed soon.
You can visit the anime’s website: http://anime.godeater.jp/
And follow them on Twitter: @god_eater_anime
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article – Crunchyroll
Source Image – God Eater Anime Twitter
“God Eater”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Bandai Namco Games, ufotable and Shift