The official website of the Persona 3 anime movie adaptation has revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming fourth and final film: Persona 3 the Movie #4: Winter of Rebirth.The first details about the advance tickets for the January movie were also revealed.
The fourth film in the Persona 3 anime film series was announced to be releasing next year on January 23rd. It will be released in cinemas across Japan. The film will feature the final arc in the original PlayStation 2 game, continuing off where Persona 3 The Movie #3: Falling Down left off with Makoto and Aigis on the bridge.
The first set of advance tickets for the film will go on sale today, September 5th. A ¥1,500 (~ $12.60) bundle is being offered for a limited time where fans can get the film’s ticket and a 2016 calendar. The advance ticket bundle will be sold at participating theatres.
There will also be an event on March 5th next year, Persona 3 the Movie Finale Event. The event will be held at the Stellar Ball in the Shinagawa Prince Hotel where members of the anime’s cast and staff will be in attendance. Further information about the event will be revealed soon.
Here is the synopsis of the film:
“The time of destruction is coming ever closer without a doubt. It cannot be stopped.”
To know death, to gaze at death, to face death.
Makoto and his allies have grown through the many meetings and partings they have experienced.
Their fight might not be for the sake of the world, but for themselves. Even so, they have continued to fight, believing that there are peaceful days waiting at the end of the battle.
However, a boy says that destruction is the fate that humanity must shoulder. The boy they believed to be their friend tells them the truth of the situation without an emotion on his face.
The season changes to winter. Makoto makes a decision in order to greet the spring that is waiting beyond….
Here is the first promotional video:
The upcoming film will have a different director than the previous film, but the staff remain largely the same:
- Director: Tomohisa Taguchi (Persona 3 the Movie #2: Midsummer Knight’s Dream, Persona 4 the Golden Animation)
- Supervisor: Seiji Kishi (Persona 4: The Animation and Angel Beats! Director )
- Scriptwriter: Jun Kumagai (Persona 3 the Movie #3: Falling Down, Psycho-Pass Season 2)
- Anime Character Designer: Keisuke Watabe (Persona 3 the Movie #3: Falling Down, Seikai no Senki)
- Music Composers: Shoji Meguro (Persona 3 the Movie #3 Falling Down, Persona Games), Tetsuya Kobayashi (Persona 3 the Movie #3 Falling Down, Persona 4 the Golden Animation)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Persona 4: The Animation, Sword Art Online)
The main cast of the game returned to voice their respective roles in the film series (not including Makoto):
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) will voice Makoto Yuuki
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) is voicing Junpei Iori
- Megumi Toyoguchi (Chifuyu Orimura in Infinite Stratos) as Yukari Takeba
- Rie Tanaka (Suigintou from Rozen Maiden) voices Mitsuru Kirijo
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Lancer in Fate/zero) will voice the role of Akihiko Sanada
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) is voicing Aegis
- Mamiko Noto (Kotomi Ichinose in Clannad) will be voicing Fuuka Yamagishi
- Megumi Ogata (Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion) as Ken Amada
Persona 3 is a PlayStation 2 JRPG developed and published by Atlus in Japan in 2006 and in the West in 2007 and 2008. The game is part of a spin-off series to Atlus’ greater Shin Megami Tensei franchise. Upon release the game received overwhelmingly positive reception selling over 120,000 copies in the first week of release. The game follows a new student of Gekkoukan High School where he is staying at a new dorm. Set in a present day city, when the clock hits midnight very strange and dark things being to occur and the only way to stop them is with the new mysterious power, Persona. In the game players need to balance the typical High School life of exams, meeting with friends and studying, with exploring a large dungeon and defeating menacing foes. The game itself received a sequel titled Persona 3 FES two years after the release of the game. A port to the PlayStation Portable was also produced and released in 2009 in Japan, and 2010,2011 in the West. The game also included a playable female protagonist. The game was adapted into an anime film series produced by AIC (Sora no Otoshimono, Astro Fighter Sunred).
Here is a synopsis of Persona 3 The Movie #1: Spring of Birth:
Terrible creatures lurk in the dark, preying on those who wander into the hidden hour that lies between one day and the next—the Dark Hour. A secret school club known as SEES defends humanity from horrors and disasters while working to solve the mystery of the Dark Hour once and for all.
A movie based on the 2006 RPG Persona 3, announced at the end of the Persona 4 movie, The Factor of Hope.
The final film in the Persona 3 film series, Persona 3 the Movie #4: Winter of Rebirth, will be released in Japanese theatres on January 23rd, 2016. Advance tickets for the movie are now on sale.
You can visit the film’s website here: http://www.p3m.jp/
And follow their Twitter: @P3movie
“Persona 3”, “Persona”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Atlus, A-1 Pictures, AIC, Sega, and the Persona Movie Production Committee