A recent issue of Akita Shoten’s Young Champion magazine has announced that Yoshiaki Tabata and Yuugo Okuma’s Young Black Jack manga will be adapted into a full TV anime series this October. Additionally, the first members of the cast, staff and first visual footage were also revealed.
The anime itself will begin its broadcast on October 1st at 2:16am JST on TBS, during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. The anime will also air on CBC, Sun TV and BS-TBS.
The anime’s official website has launched and revealed the first key visual:
The first members of the main cast were revealed and includes:
- Kouji Yusa (Kyousuke Hyoubu from Zettai Karen Children) voicing as Yabu
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) as Maiko Okamoto
- Akio Ohtsuka (Batou in Ghost in the Shell) voices the Narrator
The first staff members were also unveiled and consists of:
- Director: Mitsuko Kase (SaiKano, Glass Maiden)
- Series Composer: Ryousuke Takahashi (Konpeki no Kantai, Kikou Ryohei Mellowlink)
- Chief Animation Directors and Anime Character Designers: Miyuki Katayama (Chihayafuru, Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice) and Nana Miura (Hanayamata, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal)
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Non Non Biyori, Nisekoi)
- Music: Daisuke Ikeda (Saiyuki Reload, Tenshi na Konamaiki)
- Animation Studio: Tezuka Productions (Sengoku Musou, Genji Monogatari Sennenki)
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
Black Jack is a drama manga written and illustrated by Osamu Tezuka that ran for a total of 17 volumes from 1973 till 1983 in Akita Shoten’s Weekly Shonen Champion. The series recieved many manga and anime adaptations, including a manga series called Young Black Jack. The manga itself is a prequel to Tezuka’s and is written by Yoshiaki Tabata and illustrated by Yuugo Okuma. The manga began in 2011 and has a total of 8 compiled volumes to date. A live action special was produced in 2011.
Here is the synopsis of Young Black Jack:
Based on the brilliant maverick doctor created by manga pioneer Osamu Tezuka. This prequel follows Black Jack when he was still a medical student in the 1960s.
The Young Black Jack anime adaptation will air from October 1st at 2:16am JST on TBS, during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Additional information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article and Images – Young Black Jack Anime Website
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Young Black Jack”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Osamu Tezuka, Yoshiaki Tabata, Yuugo Okuma, Tezuka Productions and the Young Black Jack Production Committee