Toei Animation US have released a preview video for the North American theatrical release of Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1: Reunion (Saikai). The release feature English audio and the preview video teases the English voice cast for the first time. Toei Animation will have a selected screening of the film today, September 16, across the nation. The English dub features the return of many cast members from the Dub of the original Digimon Adventure anime.
The English dubbing of the film is currently being shown in select cinemas across the United States. More details can be found here: http://www.fathomevents.com/event/digimon
Many members of the first anime’s English voice cast return, along with new cast members:
- Joshua Seth (Cyborg 009 from Cyborg 009) will return to voice Tai Kamiya
- Colleen O’Shaughnessey (Ino Yamanaka in Naruto) is back to voice Sora Takenouchi
- Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist) as Matt Ishida
- Mona Marshall (Doraemon in Doraemon) returning as Izzy Izumi
- Philece Sampler (Cody Hida from Digimon Adventure 02) is coming back to voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Robbie Daymond (Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon) voices Joe Kido
- Johnny Yong Bosch (Lelouch Vi Britannia in Code Geass) as T.K.
- Tara Sands (Anna Kyoyama from Shaman King) will play Kamiya
The main Digimon cast consists of:
- Tom Fahn (Rocco Bonnaro in Cowboy Bebop) will return (from 02) as Agumon
- Kirk Thornton (Hajime Saito in Rurouni Kenshin) will be back to voice Gabumon
- Cherami Leigh (Asuna from Sword Art Online) will voice Biyomon
- R. Martin Klein (Gaku Manabe in FLCL) returning as Gomamon
- Anna Garduno (Erica in Rugrats: All Grown Up!) is back as Palmon
- Laura Summer (Heather Hogwarsh from Super Pig) returns to voice Patamon
- Jeff Nimoy (Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun) is coming back as Tentomon
- Kate Higgins (Sakura Haruno from Naruto) voices Gatomon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. 2014 marked the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new 6 episode anime film/OVA series anime titled Digimon Adventure tri. releasing in Japanese cinemas from November 2015.
Here is the anime’s synopsis on Crunchyroll:
It’s been six years since that summer adventure when Taichi “Tai” Yagami and the rest of the DigiDestined crossed over to the Digital World. And nearly three years have passed since the final battle between Hikari Yagami’s group and BelialVamdemon. As the peaceful days passed by, at some point the gate to the Digital World closed. Not even the DigiDestined know what caused this, and time alone continues to pass.
On one such day, a Kuwagamon suddenly appears in Odaiba. Its rampage leaves the town in ruins, and the people there in turmoil. Taichi happens to catch sight of the Kuwagamon, and he chases after it all by himself in an effort to halt its rampage. But there’s nothing he can do against a Kuwagamon.
“It’s no use… I can’t do anything about this alone…”
Just as the Kuwagamon roars and attacks Taichi, his Digivice begins to emit a bright light…
“Taichi, look how big you’ve grown!”
With the sound of that nostalgic voice, the story once again begins to move in a big way.
the adventure evolves