The website has revealed the details about the Blu-ray and DVD releases of the anime. There will be a total of 6 volumes, containing 2 episodes each for a total of 12 episodes. In addition to the episodes, each volume will contain: a calendar card, a special mini drama CD, special disc case and an entry of Handa’s diary. There will also be limited edition content exclusive to each volumes.
Their release dates are as follows:
- Volume 1 – September 28th
- Volume 2 – October 26th
- Volume 3 – November 30th
- Volume 4 – January 11th
- Volume 5 – February 3rd
- Volume 6 – February 24th
The Handa-kun manga is a spin-off prequel series to the Barakamon manga that follows Sei Handa. The TV anime adaptation airs every Friday on TBS at 1:58am JST. The anime will also air on CBC at 2:54am JST, with a broadcast on MBS on Saturdays at 3:10am JST and on BS-TBS on Sundays at 1:00am JST.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) will be going to voice Sei Handa
- Yuuya Hirose (Yuuki Ishikawa from Ganbare-bu Next!) voicing as Junichi Aizawa
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) as Reo Nikaido
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) will voice Akane Tsutsui
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) will be voicing Yukio Kondou
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) as Takao Kawafuji
The production staff of the anime consists of:
- Director: Yoshitaka Koyama (Noramimi, Miami Guns)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (xxxHOLiC, Prison School)
- Anime Character Designer: Mayuko Matsumoto (Gingitsune, Kantai Collection: KanColle)
- Art Director: Kaori Kikuna (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Background Artist)
- Music Composer: Ken Itou (Debut Role)
- Animation Studio: Diomedea (Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?)
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
Handa-kun is a comedy, slice of life manga written and illustrated by Satsuki Yoshino. The series is a prequel spin-off series to Yoshino’s 2009 Barakamon manga. Handa-kun began in late 2013 being published by Square Enix’s Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine, where a total of 5 compiled volumes have been released. The parent manga, Barakamon, was adapted into a TV anime series in the Summer 2014 anime season, directed by Masaki Tachibana (.hack//Quantum, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0) and produced by Kinema Citrus (Black Bullet, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Seishuu Handa is everything a high school boy could hope to be: handsome, smart, and a calligraphy genius. Though he is revered by the whole school, Handa is completely unaware of his popularity. Much to his best friend Takao Kawafuji’s amusement, Handa is convinced that the admiration of his classmates is actually bullying. Unfortunately for him, every action he takes in order to avoid being “bullied” results in another student, be they model or delinquent, joining the ranks of the Handa worshippers.
Handa-kun illustrates the hilarious high school days of the young calligrapher and his ever-growing fanbase, even though all he wants is a quiet life.
The Handa-kun TV anime is airing every Friday at 1:58am JST on TBS, during the Summer 2016 anime season. The anime will run for a total of 12 episodes. The first Blu-ray and DVD volume will release on September 28.
Source Article - Anime News Network