The official website of Junji Ito’s Haunted House has announced that his works will be getting a TV anime adaptation as a collection of stories. The anime’s official website has launched revealing that the series will premiere on January 75th, 2018. The first visual, cast, production staff and promotional video were also revealed.
The adaptation of Junji Ito’s manga works will be titled Junji Ito Collection. The series will air from Friday, January 5th on WOWOW at 10:30pm JST. The anime will also air on Tokyo MX from Sunday, January 7th at 10:00pm JST.
The leading members of the anime’s cast have been revealed. The main cast and characters consists of:
- Mami Koyama (Arale Norimaki in Dr. Slump) will voice Fuchi
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) as Oshikiri
- Rie Suegara (Yui Komori in Diabolik Lovers) voicing the role of Tomie
- Yuji Mitsuya (Ichiro Irabu from Kuuchuu Buranko) voicing the role of Souichi
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Kyousuke Natsume from Little Busters!) as the Man at the Crossroads
- Kaori Nazuka (Nunnally Lamperouge from Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) as Yuuko
The supporting cast includes:
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan)
- Ryohei Kimura (Ryouta Kise from Kuroko’s Basketball)
- Maki Shintaku (Debut Role)
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another)
- Romi Park (Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Yoko Hikasa (Stephanie Dola from No Game No Life)
- Kaori Mizuhashi (Miyako in Hidamari Sketch)
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!)
- Hiroyuki Yoshino (Firo Prochainezo from Baccano!)
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon)
- Daisuke Hirakawa (Makoto Itou from School Days)
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball)
- Kujira (Orochimaru in Naruto)
The anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director and Anime Character Designer: Shinobu Tagashira (Diabolik Lovers, Hunter X Hunter Character Designer)
- Series Composer: Kaoru Sawada (Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops)
- Music: Yuuki Hayashi (My Hero Academia, Haikyuu!!)
- Sound Director: Hozumi Gouda (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Junjou Romantica)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu)
The main theme songs of the anime have also been revealed. The Opening theme song will be Shichitenbattou no Blues by The Pinballs and the Ending theme will be Otagai no Uchuu performed by Jyocho.
Here is the first promotional video for the anime collection, which introduces the main cast and previews the OP:
Junji Ito is a renowned horror manga artist known for creating numerous intense and unnerving stories. Ito’s first published work was 1987’s Tomie, which was published in Monthly Halloween magazine. Since then Ito has written and drawn various chapters in his Horror Comic Collection and stand alone series, including Uzumaki in 1998 and Gyo in 2001. Live film adaptations of Uzumaki and Tomie were produced and released in 1998 and 2002 respectively. 2017 marks the 30th anniversary of Ito’s professional debut.
A TV anime adaptation of Junji Ito’s collection of works is in production and scheduled to air on Fridays on WOWOW at 10:30pm JST from January 5th, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. Further details about the series will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Junji Ito Haunted House Website
Source Article - Anime News Network
Source Article #2 - Anime News Network
Images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Junji Ito, Studio Deen and the Junji Ito Collection Production Committee