The official website of the anime adaptation of Shuuichi Asou’s Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.) manga has revealed that the upcoming second season will start airing from January 17, 2018. In addition, the site has also revealed a series of new visuals, new cast members and a new commercial.
Here is another version of the visual with the female characters:
And another visual with Gintama‘s Gintoki Sakata to promote Jump Festa 2018:
Season 2 of the Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan anime will broadcast from Wednesday, January 17, 2018, at 1:35am JST on TV Tokyo, TV Hokkido and TV Osaka. The series will also air on TV Setouchi at 1:40am JST, and on TV Aichi and TVQ Kyushu at 3:05am JST.
New members for the cast for the anime’s second season has been revealed:
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Touma Akechi
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Imu Rifuta
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Mikoto Aiura
They will join the returning main cast from the first season:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi in Bakemonogatari) leads the cast as Kusuo Saiki
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) is voicing Riki Nendou
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) voices Shun Kaidou
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) as Kineshi Hairo
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) voicing Reita Toritsuka
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) voices Kusuko Saiki
The first commercial video of the second season has been released, which preview scenes from the upcoming season:
The production staff consists of:
- Director: Hiroaki Sakurai (Di Gi Charat Nyo, Cromartie High School)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Shirobako, Prison School)
- Anime Character Designer: Masayuki Onji (Kimi to Boku, Cromartie High School)
- Animation Studios: EGG FIRM (First Major Production) and J.C. Staff (Bakuman., Toradora!)
The first season of the anime aired in July 2016 for a total of 120 episodes at a runtime of 5 minutes each. The series broadcasted on TV Tokyo in the morning during the Oha-Suta program and later at night.
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan (Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan) is a supernatural, comedy manga written and illustrated by Shuuichi Asou. The series began as a series of one-shot chapters in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump and Shueisha’s Jump Next! magazines in 2011, before being picked up as a full series under Weekly Shonen Jump in mid 2012. To date a total of 17 volumes have been published. An ONA was produced in late 2013 from Opera House (Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar). The series has also inspired three voice comics, two novels and an appearance in the 2014 Shonen Jump’s J-Stars Victory VS video game. The series received a TV anime adaptation in Summer 2016, produced by EGG FIRM (First Major Production) and J.C. Staff (Bakuman., Toradora!) and directed by Hiroaki Sakurai (Di Gi Charat Nyo, Cromartie High School).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Saiki Kusuo has a wide array of superpowers at his command, including telepathy and telekinesis. This might sound awesome, but, in Kusuo’s experience, superpowers are not all they’re cracked up to be. He tries to live a normal life, despite his annoying abilities.
The second season of the Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan TV anime will air every Wednesday on TV Tokyo at 1:35am JST from January 17, 2018, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. Additional information about the new season will be revealed at a later date.
“Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan”, “The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.”, images, video, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Shuuichi Asou, Shueisha, J.C. Staff and EGG FIRM