The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Ryo Shirakome and Takayaki’s Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest) light novel series has announced that a second season of the series has been green-lit.
The first season of the anime premiered on July 8th during the Summer 2019 anime season, running for a total of 13 episodes. There will also be two OVAs that will release with the 2nd and 3rd Blu-ray boxsets, releasing this Christmas, and on February 26, 2020, respectively.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Toshinari Fukamachi (First major role) leading the cast as Hajime Nagumo
- Yuuki Kuwahara (Tooru in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon) as Yue
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) voicing Tio Clarce
- Saori Oonishi (Eriri Spencer Sawamura in Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) playing as Kaori Shirasaki
- Minami Takahashi (Megumi Tadokoro from Shokugeki no Souma) who voices Shia Haulia
- Yumiri Hanamori (Nadeshiko Kagamihara in Yurucamp△) as Shizuku Yaegashi
The adaptation’s leading production staff consists of:
- Director and Series Composer: Kinji Yoshimoto (Queen’s Blade, Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Shoichi Sato (Corpse Party, Maburaho)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Chika Kojima (Big Order, Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head)
- Art Director: Naoki Aoyama (Big Order, Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.)
- Sound Director: Yasushi Nagura (Boruto, Mirai Nikki)
- Music Composer: Ryo Takahashi (High School DxD New, Citrus)
- Animation Studio: asread (Big Order, Corpse Party) and White Fox (Re:ZERO, Steins;Gate)
Here is the series’ main promotional video:
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Ryo Shirakome and illustrated by Takayaki. The series began as a web novel in 2013, with a total of 10 published volumes. The light novel adaptation began in mid 2015 under Overlap’s Overlap Bunko imprint, where a total of 10 volumes have also been published. The series also inspired many manga adaptations and a prequel light novel series. A TV anime adaptation of Arifureta premiered in the Summer 2019 anime season; directed by Kinji Yoshimoto (Queen’s Blade, Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.), and produced by asread (Big Order, Corpse Party) and White Fox (Re:ZERO, Steins;Gate). The anime aired for a total of 13 episodes.
Here is the MAL synopsis:
The ordinary life of 17-year-old otaku Hajime Nagumo is disrupted when he and his classmates are summoned to a fantasy world and tasked with saving mankind. While his classmates are gifted with impressive abilities useful in combat, Hajime is belittled for only gaining an inferior transmutation skill that lacks any real offensive power.
During an expedition in the Great Orcus Labyrinth, Hajime is betrayed by one of his classmates, plummeting him to the bottom of an abyss. Though he survives the fall, Hajime is faced with menacing monsters and misfortunes that send him spiraling into a grim nightmare. Desperate to live and return home one day, he resolves to fight for his survival—only to meet an imprisoned vampire he names Yue, who is also seeking to escape the labyrinth. Taking an interest in him, Yue and a few others along the way accompany Hajime on his journey to find a way back home, while steadily transforming from commonplace to the world’s strongest.
A second season of the Arifureta anime has been announced. More details about the upcoming season will be revealed in the near future.
Source Article - Anime News Network