The official website of the Girls und Panzer das Finale (Girls und Panzer: Final Chapter) series has revealed a brand new visual and commercial for the third part of the film’s six-part series. The third part of the Girls und Panzer das Finale is currently out in theatres across Japan.
Here is the commercial for the latest film:
The main cast of the anime returns in the film series:
- Mai Fuchigami (Nagisa Shiota in Assassination Classroom) as Miho Nishizumi
- Yuka Iguchi (Index from Toaru Majutsu no Index) voices the role of Mako Reizei
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Saori Takebe
- Ikumi Nakagami (Maya Yamato in BanG Dream!) voicing as Yukari Akiyama
- Mami Ozaki (First Major Role) as Hana Isuzu
The films’ production staff includes:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Shirobako, Another)
- Screenwriter: Reiko Yoshida (Yowamushi Pedal, K-ON!)
- Character Designer and Animation Director: Isao Sugimoto (Moonlight Mile, Bakuon!!)
- Music Composer: Shiroh Hamaguchi (Shirobako, HaruChika)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/Zero, Kill la Kill)
- Animation Studio: Actas (Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure, Switch)
Here is the 3rd film’s latest promotional video:
Girls und Panzer is an original anime series that aired from October 2012 till March 2013. The series is produced by studio Actas (Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure, Switch) and directed by Tsutomu Mizushima (Another, Shinryaku! Ika Musume). Four manga adaptations of the series were produced in 2012, all of which are published by Media Factory. A light novel adaptation was also produced in 2012, as well as a video game based on the series that released on the PlayStation Vita in June 2014. An anime film titled Girls und Panzer der Film was released on November 21st, 2015, and became one of the highest-grossing anime movies. A 6 part film series was announced in 2016, with the first part releasing in Japan in 2017, and the second part in 2019.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
You may have heard of kung fu, but the girls at Oarai High School practice gun-fu—really, really BIG 75mm gun-fu, in fact. It’s called Sensha-do, and it’s the martial art of operating armored tanks! They take it seriously too, and since winning the national Sensha-do championship is such a huge deal at Oarai, they sometimes go to extreme ends in order to get the best students from Panzer class to sign up. Which is how Miho Nishizumi, who HATES operating tanks, gets drafted to join doomsday-driven driver Mako, even-triggered gunner Hana, highly receptive radio operator Saori and combustible tank-fangirl and loader Yukari as the incomparable Anko Team. They may not be on the half-track to fame and fortune, and maybe a few of them would rather shop for tank tops than become tops in tanks, but once their focus is locked and loaded, they’re absolutely driven.
The 3rd part of the Girls und Panzer das Finale film series is currently out in Japanese theatres.