The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Hiroyuki’s Kanojo mo Kanojo (Girlfriend, Girlfriend) manga has announced that the series will premiere on July 3rd. In addition, the site has revealed a brand new key visual and promotional video.
The first episode of the anime will broadcast on MBS and TBS on Saturday, July 3rd at 2:25 am JST. It will then air on BS-TBS at 3:00 am JST, and on AT-X on the 7th at 10:30 pm JST.
A brand new promotional video of the anime has been released, which introduces the main characters and previews the anime’s Opening theme song Fuzaketenaize from Necry Talkie:
Here is the previous PV:
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Ayane Sakura (Ochaco Uraraka from Boku no Hero Academia) voices Saki Saki
- Azumi Waki (Sanae Katagiri in The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) as Nagisa Minase
- Rie Takahashi (Megumin in KonoSuba) voices the role of Shino Kiryuu
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) as Rika Hoshizaki
- Junya Enoki (Yuji Itadori in Jujutsu Kaisen) as Naoya Mukai
The anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Satoshi Kuwabara (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Dagashi Kashi)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Keiichirou Ochi (Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!, 5 Toubun no Hanayome)
- Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Akiko Toyoda (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
- Music Composers: Miki Sakurai (Hi Score Girl, Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta…), Tatsuhiko Saiki (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta…) and Sayaka Aoki (Debut role)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Senki Zesshou Symphogear, Oreimo)
- Animation Studio: Tezuka Productions (Black Jack, Sakamichi no Apollon)
Kanojo mo Kanojo (Girlfriend, Girlfriend) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Hiroyuki. The series began in early 2020 and is published under Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine. To date, a total of 6 volumes have been compiled and published.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
After harboring an unrequited love for years, Naoya Mukai finally gets to date his childhood friend, Saki Saki. However, just as he tries to commit himself to this relationship, he receives an abrupt confession from Nagisa Minase.
At first, Naoya tries to reject her but is soon overcome by feelings of not wanting to hurt Nagisa. Trying to avoid betraying his girlfriend’s trust in him, Naoya thinks up a “solution” to make both girls happy—two-timing. Naturally, Saki rebuffs this idea, but through Naoya’s and Nagisa’s persistence, she reluctantly submits.
With this, a three-way affair begins between Naoya, his girlfriend, and his “other” girlfriend, as they develop a relationship that deviates from the social norm.
The TV anime of Kanojo mo Kanojo will air every Saturday at 2:25 am JST on MBS and TBS, from July 3rd.