The official website of the anime adaptation of Keigo Maki’s Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san (Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie) manga has revealed that the series will run for a total of 12 episodes.
The episode count was detailed via the anime’s upcoming home media release schedule. There will be a total of 6 volumes with each volume containing 2 episodes. The Blu-ray edition of each volume will retail for ¥7,480 (~ US$59.15) and the DVD editions will retail for ¥6,380 (~ US$50.40). They will also contain a special A4 clear file, a specially designed case, and an audio drama episode. The first volume will also come with a priority lottery purchase for the anime’s upcoming live event. The event will feature the main cast and will take place on November 20.
- Volume 1, June 29 – Episodes 1 & 2
- Volume 2, July 29, Episodes 3 & 4
- Volume 3, August 31, Episodes 5 & 6
- Volume 4, September 28, Episodes 7 & 8
- Volume 5, October 28, Episodes 9 & 10
- Volume 6, November 30, Episodes 11 & 12
The Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san anime airs every on Sunday, April 10th at 2:00 am JST on Asahi TV during their ANiMAZiNG!!! block.
The leading cast members of the anime include:
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) leads the cast as Micchon Shikimori
- Shuichirou Umeda (First Major Role) as Yuu Izumi
- Misato Matsuoka (Tsubame Mizusaki in Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!) as Kyo Nekozaki
- Rina Hidaka (Airi Kashii in Ro-Kyu-Bu!) joins the cast to voice Yui Hachimitsu
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Katsuki Bakugou in Boku no Hero Academia) will voice the role of Shu Inuzuka
- Ayaka Fukuhara (Rin Shibuya in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) as Kamiya
The leading members of the production staff consist of:
- Director: Ryota Itoh (Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi)
- Assistant Director: Shohei Yamanaka (Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO and Ochikobore Fruit Tart Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Yoshimi Narita (Itsu Datte Bokura no Koi wa 10 Centi Datta., Kitsune no Koe)
- Anime Character Designer: Ai Kikuchi (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, New Game!)
- Animation Studio: Doga Kobo (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Yuru Yuri)
Here is the first promotional video for the anime adaptation:
Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san (Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie) is a romantic slice of life manga written and illustrated by Keigo Maki. The series originally began as an online manga on Maki’s Twitter in late 2018. The series was then picked up by Kondasha’s Magazine Pocket in February 2019. To date, a total of 11 volumes have been published.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Izumi is a high school student whose life is filled with misfortune. Ever since he was young, he would always return home with injuries. Due to his unlucky disposition, his days are full of nothing but unfortunate events—that is, until he started dating Shikimori.
One can describe Shikimori as the perfect girlfriend: cute, adorable, and unbelievably in love with Izumi. However, she is occasionally not so charming; instead, she becomes the coolest girlfriend in the scariest way possible! Her demanding presence and earnest concern for Izumi’s wellbeing never ceases to take his breath away. With the cute yet cool Shikimori now by Izumi’s side, his luckless days are over, bringing a life full of happiness and warmth.
The Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san anime is currently airing every Sunday at 2:00 am JST on Asahi TV from April 10th, during the Spring 2022 anime season.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://shikimori-anime.com/
And follow the Twitter here: @anime_shikimori