The official website of the upcoming second season anime adaptation of Wataru Watari and Ponkan8’s Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) light novel series has released new updated designs for Oregairu Zoku. Additionally, the site has also revealed a product that will be sold at Comiket 87 and details about the Blu-ray boxset of the first season of Oregairu.
The anime character designer for Oregairu will not be working on Oregairu Zoku, so a new set of redesigns have been produced. The original anime character designer for the first series was Yuu Shindou (Persona 4 The Golden Animation) and the new anime character designer for Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku will be Yuichi Tanaka (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Last Exile).
The character designs were earlier released, albeit without any colour. The uncoloured character designs alongside their voice actors/actresses includes:
- Takuya Eguchi (Kazuya Kujou in Gosick) will voice Hachiman Hikigaya
- Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) is back as Yukino Yukinoshita
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) will return to voice Yui Yuigahama
A new design was also released for a new character that will be appearing in the upcoming series, who first appeared in the light novel’s 7th volume. It also reveals the character’s respective cast member:
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) will voice new character Iroha Isshiki
Another new character and cast member was also revealed:
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online) will be voicing Orimoto Kaori
The majority of the anime’s cast will return to voice their characters in Oregairu Zoku, they include:
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko from K) voicing as Saika Totsuka
- Nobuyuki Hiyama (Hiei in Yu Yu Hakusho) as Yoshiteru Zaimokuza
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voices Komachi Hikigaya
- Mai Nakahara (Yuu Kashima in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) will be voicing Haruno Yukinoshita
- Ryoka Yuzuki (Satsuki Kiryuuin in Kill la Kill) as Shizuka Hiratsuka
- Takashi Kondou (Ritsu Onodera from Sekaiichi Hatsukoi) will voice Hayato Hayama
The site has also revealed a new Oregairu product that will be sold at the upcoming Comiket 87. A limited edition drama CD titled His sister’s tactics will be sold at the Shogakukan booth from December 28 at the convention, which was first released in Winter 2012. There will also be three character songs with the CD that also shipped with the original 2012 release: Bright Generation, ROCK YOU!! and You and Merry Christmas. The CD will cost ¥2,000 (~ $20.00 USD).
A Blu-ray box set of the first Oregairu anime will be released before the broadcast of Oregairu Zoku. The release will contain all 13 episodes from the series and additional video and audio content for 313 minutes of anime, among other goodies. Some of the extra content includes: a video of the anime’s opening event, pilgrimage videos, audio commentary of various episodes, a CD of the web radio show, a new edition of the booklet that came with the first run of the Blu-rays, and a special sleeve pack. The boxset will release on March 4, 2015 and will cost ¥22,000 (~ $220.00 USD) without tax.
The series will feature new staff members, including a new director and animation studio. The new staff are as follows:
- Director: Kei Oikawa (Minami-ke: Okaeri, Outbreak Company)
- Series Composer: Shoutarou Suga (Oregairu, Isshuukan Friends)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuichi Tanaka (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Last Exile)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Oregairu, Little Busters!)
- Music Composer: monaca (Oregairu, Hanayamata)
- Animation Studio: Studio Feel (Minami-ke Tadaima, Outbreak Company)
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) is a light novel series written by Wataru Watari and illustrated by Ponkan8. The light novels began in March 2011 and is published in Shogakukan’s Gagaga Bunko imprint. To date there has been 9 volumes and 4 short stories published. There has been three spin-off manga adaptations written and illustrated by various people. The series also received an anime adaptation that aired in April 2012 that was animated by Brain’s Base (Baccano!, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun). Additionally, a visual novel was developed by 5pb. for the PlayStation Vita that released on September 19th last year. The second season of the anime was announced early this year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
This romantic comedy revolves around an antisocial high school student named Hikigaya Hachiman with a distorted view on life and no friends or girlfriend. When he sees his classmates talking excitedly about living their adolescent lives, he mutters: “They’re a bunch of liars.” When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, “Not working.” A teacher gets Hachiman to join the “Volunteer Service” club, which happens to have the school’s prettiest girl, Yukinoshita Yukino.
The second season the Oregairu anime, titled Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku will air next April during the Spring 2015 anime season. More information about the series will release in the upcoming months.
Source Article and Images – Oregairu Anime Website
“Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.”, “Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku”, “Oregairu”, “Oregairu 2”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Wataru Watari, Ponkan8, Brain’s Base, Studio Feel and Shogakukan