The official website of the second season of the K anime, K: Return of Kings, has announced that the upcoming series will start its broadcast on October 3rd. In addition, a brand new visual and promotional video were also revealed.
The second season of K, K: Return of Kings, will premiere on TBS on Saturday, October 3rd at 1:55am JST. The anime will then air its first episode on MBS at 2:10am JST and on CBC at 2:43am JST the same day. The anime then airs on BS-TBS and AT-X at midnight on Sunday. The second season will also be streamed online on various Japanese services, including: Bandai Channel, Niconico, DTV and Docomo Anime.
A new promotional video was also revealed for the upcoming anime, which briefly recaps the events of the first anime and film:
The main cast of the anime consists of returning members from the first season and film:
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) will return to voice Yashiro Isana
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) returns as Kuroh Yatogami
- Mikako Komatsu (Saika Totsuka from Oregairu) voices Neko
- Satomi Satou (Ritsu Tainaka in K-ON!) will voice Kukuri Yukizome
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) is back as Mikoto Suoh
- Kenjirou Tsuda will also be voicing Gouki Zenjou
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) is voicing Anna Kushina
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will voice Izumo Kusanagi
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass) voices Misaki Yata
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will voice the role of Rikio Kamamoto
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Tatara Totsuka
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) will be voicing Reisi Munakata
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) voices Saruhiko Fushimi
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Shino Asada in Sword Art Online II) will voice Seri Awashima
- Masakazu Morita (Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach) as Yukari Mishakuji
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) is voicing Douhan Hirasaka
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) as Kotosaka
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will voice the Green King Nagare Hisui
- Shouzou Iizuka (Genji Kamogawa in Hajime no Ippo: Rising) returns as Daikaku Kokujōji
The anime’s staff were also revealed and currently consists of:
- Director and Anime Character Designer: Shingo Suzuki (K, Coppelion)
- Series Director: Hiromitsu Kanazawa (K, Seitokai Yakuindomo)
- Series Composer: GoRA (K)
- Chief Animation Director: Makoto Furuta (K, Seitokai Yakuindomo)
- Art Director: Ken Naito (K: Missing Kings, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movies)
- CGI Director: Takanori Kikuchi (K)
- Sound Director: Chikako Yokota (Psycho-Pass, Dog Days)
- Music: Mikio Endo (K , Coppelion)
- Animation Studio: GoHands (K, Seitokai Yakuindomo)
Here is the previous trailer for the anime:
K, also known as K Project, is an original television anime series by the studio GoHands (Seitokai Yakuindomo, Coppelion). The series launched in October 2012 and was helmed by director Shingo Suzuki (Coppelion). The series received modest reception for its plot, but it was praised for the fluidity of the visuals and art. The creator of the series, GoRa (who also helped with the series’ composition), also wrote the story of the many adaptations of K. To date, the series has two prequel mangas, a side story manga, two light novels and a PlayStation Vita game. A sequel film to the anime series, titled K Missing Kings, was also produced and released in July 2013.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in a world where history has taken a slightly different course from the one we’re familiar with, K follows the story of a young boy whose life is caught in a psychic war between seven kings.
Ashinaka High School is known for its unique setting: the entire campus is built on an island. Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men.
The second season of K, K: Return of Kings, will start its scheduled broadcast on Saturday, October 3rds at 1:55am JST on TBS, during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
“K: Return of Kings”, “K”, “K Project”, “K: Missing Kings”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 GoHands, GoRa and K Project Production Committee