The official Twitter account for manga artist Namori has revealed that her popular manga series YuruYuri will be receiving a third anime adaptation, which was earlier announced at a screening of the YuruYuri: Nachuyachumi! OVA on Niconico. Her tweet has also revealed a new announcement image for the third season. Additionally, the anime’s official website has revealed new information about the upcoming anime.
— なもり (@_namori_) March 7, 2015
The anime’s official website has revealed the first main visual for the third season of YuruYuri:
The main cast has also been revealed, where the voice actresses from the previous anime season will return to reprise their roles:
- Shiori Mikami (Krista Lenz in Attack on Titan) will return as Akari Akaza
- Minami Tsuda (Megumi Yoshikawa in Wake Up Girls!) is voicing Yui Funami
- Yuka Ootsubo (Kanako Mimura from The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) voices Kyouko Toshinou
- Rumi Okubo (Tsumiki Miniwa in Acchi Kocchi) as Chinatsu Yoshikawa
- Suzuko Mimori (Sherlock Shellingford from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes) returns as Himawari Furutani
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) voicing as Chitose Ikeda
- Emiri Katou (Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice Sakurako Oomuro
- Saki Fujita (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet) as Ayano Sugiura
The staff of the anime was also revealed. The production from the recent OVA, YuruYuri: Nachuyachumi!, will be producing the anime replacing the staff from the previous TV anime seasons. The new staff includes:
- Director and Script Writer: Hiroyuki Hata (YuruYuri: Nachuyachumi!, Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga.)
- Series Composer: Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Motohiro Taniguchi (YuruYuri: Nachuyachumi!, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- Animation Studio: TYO Animations (YuruYuri: Nachuyachumi!, Shinryaku! Ika Musume)
YuruYuri is a slice of life comedy manga written and illustrated by Namori that released in June 2008 in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime magazine. The manga has a total of 12 volumes thus far and has sold over 1 million copies as of December 2011. Namori has also created two more manga series along with YuruYuri: YuruYuri Reset!, which is currently on hiatus, and YuruYuri Ohmuroke a web manga that started in July 2012. The series also received an anime adaptation in July 2011 by animation studio Dogakobo. The second season of the anime titled YuruYuri♪♪ aired in 2012, also in July.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Right after starting middle school, Akari Akaza joins the Amusement Club which is composed solely by her two childhood friends, Kyouko Toshinou and Yui Funami. Chinatsu Yoshikawa, Akaza’s classmate, becomes a member after finding out about the dissolution of the Tea Club.
The Amusement Club, situated at the tea room facility since the Tea Club disbanded, has no clear purpose, being free for the girls to do whatever they want.
The third season of the YuruYuri anime is currently in production. More information about the series will be revealed later this month.
Source Article and Image – @_namori_
Source Article – Anime News Network
“YuruYuri”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Namori, Ichijinsha, TYO Animations and Nanamori Junior High Gorakubu