The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Kouji Seo’s Fuuka manga has revealed that the TV series will start its broadcast January 6th, 2017. The anime’s first visuals, main cast, production staff and first promotional video were unveiled as well.
The Fuuka anime will air its first episode on WOWOW on Friday, January 6th at 10:00pm JST. The anime will also broadcast on Tokyo MX on the 7th at 10:00pm JST, MBS on the 8th at 1:58am JST, BS11 on the midnight of the 8th/9th, and on Hiroshima TV on the 9th at 2:25am JST.
The first members of the anime’s main cast were revealed as follows:
- Lynn (Maya Kyoudou from Sabagebu!) will lead as Fuuka Akitsuki
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Koyuki Hinashi
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki in Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) will voice Yuu Haruna
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) voices Sara Iwami
- Soma Saito (Adlet Mayer from Rokka no Yuusha) voicing as Makoto Mikasa
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) voices the role of Kazuya Nachi
- Mikako Takahashi (Shirayuki Hotogi in Hidan no Aria) as Mayu Haruna
- Saori Oonishi (Ais Wallenstein in DanMachi) will be voicing Hibiki Haruna
- Kaede Hondo (Kukuru Nonomoto in Fushigi na Somera-chan) will voice Chitose Haruna
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) is going to voice Tomomi-sensei
The leading members of the production includes:
- Director: Keizou Kusakawa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A’s, Akuma no Riddle)
- Series Composer: Aoi Akashiro (KonoSuba, Endride)
- Animation Character Designer: Yoshino Honda (Shinryaku! Ika Musume and Mayoiga Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Takuro Iga (Hidan no Aria AA, Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku)
- Animation Studio: diomedea (Shinryaku!? Ika Musume, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be Climber’s High! and will be performed by the anime’s main cast in character as the band Hedgehogs.
Here is the anime’s first promotional video that introduces the main characters and previews the OP:
Fuuka is a romantic drama manga written and illustrated by Kouji Seo. The manga began in 2014 being published under Kodansha’s Weekly Shounen Magazine where a total of 12 compiled volumes have been released. Two of Seo’s previous manga, Suzuka and Kimi no Iru Machi, received TV anime adaptations in 2005 and 2013 respectively.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Yuu Haruna just moved into town and loves to be on twitter. Out on his way to buy dinner he bumps into a mysterious girl, Fuuka Akitsuki, who breaks his phone thinking he was trying to take a picture of her panties. How will his new life change now?
The Fuuka TV anime adaptation will have its first episode air on WOWOW on January 6th at 10:00pm JST, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. More details about the series will soon follow, as well as the first teaser video.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Fuuka”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Kouji Seo, diomedea, Kodansha and the Fuuka Production Committee