The official website of the Accel World -Infinite∞Burst- anime film, based on Reki Kawahara and HiMA’s Accel World light novel series, has revealed a brand new visual that features a brand new original character.
The latest visual features a new character, top next to Kuroyukihime, original to the movie, Risa Tsukiori. Tsukiori will be voiced by Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!). The first character designs for the character were also revealed:
The main cast of the anime series will return in the upcoming anime:
- Sachika Misawa (Arisa Meigo from Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki) returns to voice Kuroyukihime
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Haruyuki Arita
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) voicing as Chiyuri Kurashima
- Shintaro Asanuma (Takatoshi Tsuda in Seitokai Yakuindomo) will voice Takumu Mayuzumi
The second batch of advanced tickets was also revealed that will go on sale from June 18th for ¥1,500 (~ US$14.00) containing:
- The ticket featuring the latest visual
- A special themed badge
Here is the bundle for the previous set of advanced tickets which went on sale for ¥2,000 (~ US$18.35):
- The ticket
- a B2 poster
- A set of 4 postcards
The main staff consists of:
- Director: Masakazu Obara (Sora Kake Girl, Mai-HiME)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Yukiko Aikei (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon)
- Duel Avatar Designer and Action Director: Yousuke Kabashima (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny and Madan no Ou to Vanadis Animation Director)
- Animation Production: Sunrise (Love Live! School Idol Project, Code Geass)
Here is the announcement video of the new anime:
And here is the first commercial:
Accel World is a light novel series written by Reki Kawahara and illustrated by HiMA. The series began serialization in ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Bunko Magazine in 2008 and to date has a total of 18 compiled volumes. Two manga adaptations were released in 2010, one of which is a 4koma manga, with a spin-off manga releasing in 2012. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in 2012 by Sunrise (Love Live! School Idol Project, Gintama) and directed by Masakazu Obara (Mai-HiME, Mai-Otome), which aired for a total of 24 episodes. Two video game adaptations were also produced for the Sony PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable. At a panel in 2014, Kawahara mentioned that a second season of the anime is unlikely due to Sunrise’s busy schedule following the popularity of Love Live! School Idol Project.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The year is 2046. Haruyuki Arita is a young boy who finds himself on the lowest social rungs of his school. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games. But that all changes when Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school, introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst and a virtual reality called the Accel World.
The Accel World -Infinite Burst- anime movie is currently in production and will be released in Japan on July 23rd. It will be opening in 24 cinemas across Japan, including Tokyo’s Shinjuku Piccadilly. Further information about the film will be out at a later date.
Source Article and Images - Anime Recorder
"Accel World -Infinite Burst-", "Accel World", images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Reki Kawahara, HiMA, ASCII Media Works, Sunrise and AW Project