The official Twitter account of Studio Trigger’s Little Witch Academia has revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming TV anime, which will have its premiere on January 8th 2017.The visual itself will be handled at Animate stores around Japan for free.
— リトルウィッチアカデミア (@LWA_jp) December 16, 2016
The Little Witch Academia TV anime will have its debut on Sunday, January 8th. The anime will air on Tokyo MX, BS11, Kansai TV, and on Netflix.
The main cast from the previous anime will return to reprise their roles:
- Megumi Han (Hime Shirayuki from Precure All Stars) will return as Atsuko Kagari
- Fumiko Orikasa (Satsuki Momoi in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Lotte Yanson
- Michiyo Murase (Mogutan from Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama) is voicing Sucy Manbavaran
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama from K-ON!) is back to voice Diana Cavendish
- Arisa Shida (Ameno in Naruto: Shippuuden) voices Amanda O’Neill
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori) returns to voice Constanze von Braunschbank Albrechtsberger
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) as Jasminka Antonenko
- Noriko Hidaka (Masumi Sera from Detective Conan) voicing as Ursula
- Hidaka also returns to voice Shiny Chariot
The production staff of the TV anime includes a mixture of returning personnel and new members:
- Director and Original Character Designer: Yoh Yoshinari (Little Witch Academia, Gurren Lagann Parallel Works)
- Series Composer: Michiru Shimada (Little Witch Academia, Little Busters!)
- Anime Character Designer: Shuhei Handa (Medaka Box)
- Art Director: Masanobu Nomura (Seitokai Yakuindomo, K)
- Music Composer: Michiru Oshima (Little Witch Academia, Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Sound Director: Jun Watanabe (Little Witch Academia: Mahoujikake no Parade, Bakuman.)
- Animation Studio: Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Inferno Cop)
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
And here is the second and latest PV:
Little Witch Academia is an original anime short produced by Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Inferno Cop) for the 2013 Anime Mirai project. The project itself is funded by the Japanese Government’s Agency for Cultural Affairs to train new and upcoming animators. The anime itself was a 26 minute special that was directed by Yoshinari Yoh (Gurren Lagann Parallel Works) who also designed the character designs for the anime and written by Masahiko Otsuka (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt). The anime’s staff returned to produce a sequel movie titled Little Witch Academia: Mahoujikake no Parade in 2015 following a successful Kickstarter.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
In her admiration of Shiny Chariot, a famous witch renowned for her unorthodox yet enchanting spells, Kagari Akko, an ordinary girl, joined Witch Academia in the hope of someday becoming as spectacular as Shiny Chariot. She is determined to become a graduate of Witch Academy and make her dream come true despite not being from a lineage with witchcraft and wizardry.
The story takes places when Akko, along with her two best friends, Lotte Yansson and Sucy Manbavaran, take their first lessons to become witches; however, Akko is furious when she finds out that Shiny Chariot is not as popular in the world of the witches as she had thought.
The Little Witch Academia TV anime will premiere on Tokyo MX on January 8th 2017, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
"Little Witch Academia", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Studio Trigger and the Little Witch Academia Production Committee