The official website of the anime adaptation of Key and Visual Art’s Rewrite visual novel has revealed that the upcoming second season will have its premiere on January 14th. In addition, the first commercial has been released.
The second season, Rewrite Season 2: Moon/Terra, will be adapting the Moon and Terra routes from the original visual novel. The first episode of the anime will air on Saturday, January 14th at 11:30pm JST on Tokyo MX, GTV, Togi TV and BS11. The series will also air on MBS on the 15th at 2:28am JST.
Here is the first commercial of the second season that also confirms the air date:
Here is the second season announcement video:
Additionally, the first details about the next volume of the anime’s home release have been revealed. The next volume will be volume 4 and will contain episodes 6 and 7. The volume will release in Japan on December 21st with the Blu-ray version retailing for ¥7,000 (~ US$59.65) and the DVD version retailing for ¥6,000 (~ US$51.10).
The volume will also come with a special three fold digipak:
The main cast of the first season and visual novel will return to reprise their roles in the anime:
- Masakazu Morita (Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach) will voice Kotarou Tennouji
- Chiwa Saito (Homura Akemi from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) as Kotori Kanbe
- Saya Shinomiya (First Major Role) voices Chihaya Ohtori
- Eri Kitamura (Yui from Angel Beats!) is voicing as Akane Senri
- Keiko Suzuki (Haruka Saigusa in Little Busters!) returns to voice Shizuru Nanatsu
- Risa Asaki (Tae Sugimura from Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku) as Lucia Konohana
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing as Kagari
The main staff of the anime includes:
- Director and Series Composer: Motoki Tanaka (Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic, Grisaia no Kajitsu)
- Series Composers and Scriptwriters: Romeo Tanaka (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Creator) and Kai (Clannad Scenario Writer, Kud Wafter Lead Designer)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Masayuki Nonaka (Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic and Grisaia no Meikyuu Animation Director)
- Music Composers: Shinji Orito (Clannad, Air), Jun Maeda (Clannad, Angel Beats!), Maiko Iuchi (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Selector Infected WIXOSS) and Ryo Mizutsuki (Debut Role)
- Animation Studio: 8-Bit (Grisaia no Kajitsu, IS: Infinite Stratos)
Rewrite is a fantasy romance Visual Novel developed by Key and published by Visual Arts in 2011 for the PC. It is Key’s 8th visual novel, following the success of Air, Clannad and Little Busters! Many key members of the staff return to produce the new game, including Itaru Hinoue (Air, Clannad) who once again helmed the project. Jun Maeda (Clannad, Angel Beats!) also returned to compose the music of the game, but did not write any of the scenarios. The novel also included new talent with Ryukishi07 (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Umineko no Naku Koro ni) lending a hand writing the game’s scenario. Rewrite was also ported onto various other platforms, including the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3.
Here is the synopsis of the VN from MAL:
Rewrite is set in the fictional city Kazamatsuri where treeplanting and afforestation have caused the city to become overgrown with trees and flowers in much the same way that other cities are filled by buildings. However, while most of the city appears to be rural, there are many traditional city elements as well. While set in a modern setting, the city also gives off a strange sense of nostalgia.
Tennouji Kotarou lives here. He’s a high school student who has the ability to rewrite his own body; he can become stronger and faster at any time he chooses. He investigates supernatural mysteries with five girls from his school.
The second season of Rewrite anime will air on Saturdays on Tokyo MX at 11:30pm JST starting on January 14th, 2017 during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
"Rewrite", images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Visual Arts, Key, and 8-Bit