The official website for ufotable’s TV anime adaptation of Bandai Namco’s Tales of Zestiria video game has revealed a brand new visual for Tales of Zestiria the X. The main cast and staff, and promotional video, were also revealed for the July TV anime.
The main cast of Tales of Zestiria the X has been revealed, which sees the return of the cast from the video game:
- Ryouhei Kimura (Kodaka Hasegawa in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) will voice Sorey
- Ryota Osaka (Haruto Tokishima in Kakumeiki Valvrave) as Mikleo
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) is voicing Alisha
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) returns as Rose
- Noriko Shitaya (Sakura Matou from Fate/stay night) is going to voice Lailah
- Misato Fukuen (Yoshika Miyafuji from Strike Witches) voicing as Edna
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler) as Dezel
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) will voice Zaveid
The production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Haruo Sotozaki (Tales of Symphonia the Animation)
- Anime Character Designer: Akira Matsushima (Maria-sama ga Miteru, Rave Master)
- Art Director: Min-Ji Kim (Fate/Zero Background Artist)
- Music Composer: Go Shiina (Dimension W, God Eater) and Motoi Sakuraba (Star Ocean EX, Saiyuki)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Kara no Kyoukai)
A brand new promotional video for the anime has been released at AnimeJapan:
Here is the announcement promotional video of the upcoming anime:
The Tales of. started in 1995 with the release of Tales of Phantasia on the Super Famicom (SNES). The game was developed by Wolf Team, who are now known as Namco Tales Studio and published by Namco. The game received a positive reception and has allowed more games in the series to be developed. To date, there are fourteen games in the main series with over 10 spin-off titles. While the Tales of. enjoys high sales within Japan, the popularity of the series overseas has been rocky. Though, in the last decade the series has been gaining more popularity outside of Japan. There are also four anime series based on separate entries in the series, as well as an animated film, Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike, released in 2009. To date, Namco Bandai has announced that the series has sold over 15 million titles.
The Tales of Zestiria the X anime will be broadcasting from July during the Summer 2016 anime season. The game itself is currently available on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and on PC via Steam. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
"Tales of Zestiria the X ", "Tales of Zestiria", "Tales of.”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 ufotable, Namco Bandai Games inc. and TOZ-X