The most recent issue of Shogakukan’s Monthly Shonen Sunday magazine has announced a TV anime adaptation of Souichirou Yamamoto’s spin-off manga Ashita wa Doyoubi (Tomorrow’s Saturday) for January 2018. The anime’s cast were also revealed in the announcement.
The anime itself will broadcast alongside the adaptation of the parent manga, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Skilled Teaser Takagi), which is slated to air in January 2018, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season.
The anime’s main cast were announced and consists of:
- Konomi Kohara (Akane Mizuno from Tsuki ga Kirei) voicing as Mina
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) voicing Yukari
- Yui Ogura (Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi from Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.) as Sanae
- Yuuma Uchida (Yuuma Kousaka in Gundam Build Fighters Try) voicing the role of Nakai
- Kotori Koiwai (Renge Miyauchi in Non Non Biyori) playing as Mano
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) who will voice
- Fukushi Ochiai (Moguzo from Hai to Gensou no Grimgar) as Kimura
- Hinata Tadokoro (First Major Role) voicing Tanabe-sensei
Ashita wa Doyoubi is a spin-off manga of Souichirou Yamamoto’s Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Skilled Teaser Takagi) manga, also written and illustrated by Yamamoto. The spin-off ran from November 2014 until November 2015 in Yomiuri Chuu Kousei Shinbun for 53 chapters. A total of 2 compiled volumes were compiled via Shogakukan’s Monthly Shonen Sunday Comics.
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Tomorrow’s Saturday) is a slice of life comedy manga that began in mid 2012, running in Shogakukan’s Monthly Shonen Sunday magazine where a total of 5 volumes have been published. The series was also nominated for the grand prize at the 2017 Manga Taishou awards.
Here is the synopsis of the parent from MAL:
“If you blush, you lose.””If you blush, you lose.”
Living by this principle, the middle schooler Nishikata gets constantly made fun of by his seat neighbor Takagi-san. With his pride shattered to pieces, he vows to turn the tables and get back at her some day. And so, he attempts to tease her day after day, only to find himself victim to Takagi-san’s ridicule again sooner than later. Will he be able to make Takagi-san blush from embarrassment even once in the end?
A TV anime adaptation of the Ashita wa Doyoubi manga has been announced and is in production. The spin-off will air alongside the adaptation of the parent series, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, in January 2018, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. More information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - MyAnimeList News