The official website of the anime adaptation of Nakaba Suzuki’s Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) manga has revealed the first details for the home media release of the upcoming second season. The new information has detailed that season 2 will run for a total of 24 episodes.
Season 2 of the Nanatsu no Taizai anime, titled Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu (The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments), will run for a total of 24 episodes, over 2 cours. A total of 9 home media volumes will be released with each containing approximately 3 episodes, aside from the last 3, totalling 24 episodes.
The release dates for the Blu-ray and DVD volumes of the second season has been revealed and are as follows:
- Volume 1 – April 5th, Episodes 1, 2, 3
- Volume 2 – May 30th, Episodes 4, 5, 6
- Volume 3 – June 27th, Episodes 7, 8, 9
- Volume 4 – July 25th, Episodes 10, 11, 12
- Volume 5 – August 29th, Episodes 13, 14, 15
- Volume 6 – September 26th, Episodes 16, 17, 18
- Volume 7 – October 24th, Episodes 19, 20
- Volume 8 – November 28th, Episodes 21, 22
- Volume 9 – December 16th, Episodes 23, 24
Each volume will have the option for a limited edition Blu-ray, limited edition DVD, or a regular DVD release. It will retail for ¥6,800 (~ US$61.20), ¥5,800 (~ US$52.20), and ¥4,800 (~ US$43.20), respectively.
The second season of the anime will premiere on Saturday, January 6 at 6:30am JST on TBS and MBS.
The main cast who will return from the first season to reprise their roles:
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) is back to voice Meliodas
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) returns to voice Elizabeth Liones
- Misaki Kuno (Kate Hoshimiya from Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda) as Hawk
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voicing as Diane
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) voices Ban
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will voice King
- Yuuhei Takagi (First Major Role) voicing Gowther
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Merlin
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) voicing the role of Gilthunder
- Ryouhei Kimura (Kodaka Hasegawa in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) playing the role of Howzer
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass) voices Griamor
New cast members that will debut in season 2 include:
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing as Escanor
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) joins the cast to voice Matrona
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Zeldris
- Hiroki Touchi (Ging Freecss from Hunter x Hunter) voicing Estarossa
- Hiroshi Iwasaki (Saito in Tiger & Bunny) who will voice Galand
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Melascula
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) voices Drole
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) voicing the role of Gloxinia
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) as Monspeet
- Ayahi Takagaki (Mikako Satsukitane in Sora no Otoshimono) voicing Derieri
- Kouji Yusa (Kyousuke Hyoubu from Zettai Karen Children) as Grayroad
- Katsuyuki Konishi (America from Hetalia) who will voice Fraudrin
The anime’s staff returning from the first series includes:
- Director: Takeshi Furuta (ēlDLIVE, Uta no Prince-sama Maji LOVE Legend Star)
- Series Composer: Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Keigo Sasaki (Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings, Ao no Exorcist)
- Music Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Arslan Senki)
Here is the first promotional video for the second season:
The second promotional video for Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu:
And another PV was also that introduces the new characters that will debut in the second season:
In addition to the new season, an anime movie based on the series was announced for a Summer 2018 release. Details about what the film will cover, will be revealed at a later date.
Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) is a fantasy action manga written and illustrated by Nakaba Suzuki. The series began in October 2012 being published every week in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine. To date a total of 16 volumes have been compiled and published. The series received a spin-off manga adaptation in August last year being drawn by Juichi Yamaki. The manga has also had various one-shots, including a crossover Hiro Mashima’s Fairy Tail manga. Nanatsu no Taizai received an anime adaptation in the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season running for a total of 24 episodes and 2 bonus OVAs. The series was directed by Tensai Okamura (Darker than Black, Ao no Exorcist) and produced by A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero). A mini TV series was produced in 2016 under Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi, and aired in August for 4 episodes.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
In a world similar to the European Middle Ages, the feared yet revered Holy Knights of Britannia use immensely powerful magic to protect the region of Britannia and its kingdoms. However, a small subset of the Knights supposedly betrayed their homeland and turned their blades against their comrades in an attempt to overthrow the ruler of Liones. They were defeated by the Holy Knights, but rumors continued to persist that these legendary knights, called the “Seven Deadly Sins,” were still alive. Ten years later, the Holy Knights themselves staged a coup d’état, and thus became the new, tyrannical rulers of the Kingdom of Liones.
Based on the best-selling manga series of the same name, Nanatsu no Taizai follows the adventures of Elizabeth, the third princess of the Kingdom of Liones, and her search for the Seven Deadly Sins. With their help, she endeavors to not only take back her kingdom from the Holy Knights, but to also seek justice in an unjust world.
The second season of Nanatsu no Taizai, titled Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu, will air every Saturday at 6:30am JST from January 6, 2018 during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. It will run for a total of 24 episodes, making it a 2 cour series. Further information about the new anime will be revealed soon.
"Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu", "The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments", "Nanatsu no Taizai", "The Seven Deadly Sins", images, video, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Nakaba Suzuki, Kodansha, A-1 Pictures, and the Nanatsu no Taizai Production Committee