Aya Hirano, the voice actress of the popular character Haruhi Suzumiya, has just revealed via Twitter that the anime adaptation of Nagaru Tanigawa and Puyo’s The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan (The Vanishing of Nagato Yuki-Chan) manga will be airing from the Spring 2015 anime. She will reprise her role as Haruhi in the upcoming series.
— 平野綾オフィシャルインフォ (@Hysteric_Barbie) December 18, 2014
Aya Hirano will return in The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan anime as well the main cast from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime. The main cast includes:
- Minori Chihara (Chiaki Minami from Minami-ke) will reprise her role as Yuki Nagato
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) will be back as Kyon
- Aya Hirano (Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail) returns to voice Haruhi Suzumiya
- Natsuko Kuwatani (Yue Ayase from Mahou Sensei Negima!) as Ryoko Asakura
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) will voice Itsuki Koizumi
- Yuko Goto (Hiro from Hidamari Sketch) voicing as Mikuru Asahina
- Yuki Matsuoka (Orihime Inoue from Bleach) will be back as Tsuruya
- Minoru Shiraishi (Minoru Shiraishi [Himeself] from Lucky☆Star) returns as Taniguchi
- Megumi Matsumoto (Haruka Nanase in Free!) as Kunikida
The anime’s production staff were earlier revealed on the main website and includes:
- Director: Jun’ichi Wada (Gosick and Fairy Tail Episode Director)
- Series Planner: Takeshi Yasuda (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky☆Star)
- Series Composer: Touko Machida (Lucky☆Star, Wake Up, Girls!)
- Anime Character Designer: Ikuko Ito (Asatte no Houkou, Sailor Moon SuperS)
- Animation Studio: Satelight (Log Horizon, White Album 2)
The official website for the anime was earlier launched and release the first visual for the anime adaptation of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan:
The anime adaptation of the spin-off manga was made late last year. Anime store Docomo was revealed to be streaming the upcoming series, as well as the two other spin-off shows in the Haruhi franchise, The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya and Nyoron Churuya-san.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a light novel series written by Nagaru Tanigawa and illustrated by Noizi Ito. The novels began in 2003 and were originally published as short stories in Kadokawa Shoten’s The Sneaker magazine. Since then the short stories have been compiled into 11 light novel volumes, with the latest releasing in May 2011 (which was translated in November 2013). There has been many manga based on the series since its release. The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (The Vanishing of Nagato Yuki-Chan) is a spin-off manga in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya franchise, where it stars the eponymous character Yuki Nagato. The series takes place in the alternate universe established in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. The series is drawn by Puyo with the story by Tanigawa himself, which started in February 2010 in Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine. To date, the series has a total of 7 volumes released.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
Yuki Nagato, the shy president of the literature club, has never been very sure of herself around other people. But around Kyon, the only boy in the tiny, three-person club, Yuki finds herself faltering even more than usual. For Kyon, and for her precious club, Yuki must find her confidence and let her true personality shine! Enjoy taking a fresh look at your favorite characters in this brand-new story set in the world of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya!
The anime adaptation of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan will be airing during the Spring 2015 anime season on Tokyo MX and AT-X. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://www.haruhi.tv/yuki_chan/main.html
“The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan”, “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Nagaru Tanigawa, Noizi Ito and Puyo