A brand new visual has been released for the upcoming anime adaptation of Kantai Collection, the popular online mobile card game. In addition to the new visual, information about an advanced screening and a new 2015 anime event has also been revealed.
There will be an advanced screening of the first episode of the anime on December 27 at the Shinjuku Piccadilly theatre in Tokyo. The screening will also be taking reservations for the first Blu-ray and DVD volume of the Kantai Collection: Kan Colle anime that will release on March 27 next year. There will also be a draw for attendees for a B2 Poster prize that commemorate you being at the screening. There will be limited quantites of the poster in the lottery. Here is a preview of the poster:
It has also been announced that there will be another anime event next year. The 1st Yokohama Naval Review Rehearsal was held earlier this year in August, which revealed new information about the upcoming anime. The 2nd Yokohama Naval Review Rehearsal, which will be held at the same venue at the Pacifico Yokohama National Convention Hall, will be held on the 9th of August, 2015. The main voice actresses of the anime and card game will be present that the event. More information about it will release soon.
The anime’s official website has revealed new characters that will appear in the anime, as well as their designs and cast members. The three leading cast members of the anime were previously revealed and includes:
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Kuchikukan Fubuki
- Saki Fujita (Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet) is voicing Kuubo Akagi
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Kuubo Kaga
The anime’s production staff were also revealed:
- Director: Keizo Kusakawa (Akuma no Riddle, Dog Days)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Steins;Gate)
- Art Director: Maho Takahashi (Amagami SS, Kotoura-san)
- Character Designers and Chief Animation Directors: Naomi Ide (Akuma no Riddle, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?), Mayuko Matsumoto (Gingitsune, Astarotte no Omocha!)
- Mecha Designer: Tsutomu Miyazawa (Zone of the Enders, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS), Kota Morishi (Debut anime)
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Dog Days, Kokoro Connect)
- CG Director: Eiji Inomoto (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Infinite Stratos)
- Music Composer: Kameoka Natsumi (Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy)
- Animation Studio: Diomedea (Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Akuma no Riddle)
The anime’s Opening theme and Ending theme were also revealed. The OP will be Miiro performed by AKINO from the band bless4 (Amagi Brilliant Park OP) and the anime’s ED will be Fubuki by Shiena Nishizawa.
The first full promotional video of Kantai Collection: Kan Colle was also released:
The second promotional video:
Kantai Collection is an online, card battle, browser game that is developed by Dmm.com that launched in April last year. The game currently has more than 2 million registered players and was 2013’s top Twitter trend in Japan. The game centers around naval card battles, where naval ships are represented by “Fleet Girls”. Players battle against other online in an attempt to gain more cards and levels. The game has been increasing with popularity since its release, with a slew of merchandising being released after the game’s release; from tabletop games to manga, and light novels to this anime and the PlayStation Vita game Kan Colle Kai.
The Kantai Collection: Kan Colle anime will be airing from January 7 next year on Tokyo MX at 25:05 (effectively January 8 1:05am) during the Winter 2014/2015 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
“Kantai Collection: Kan Colle”, “Kantai Collection”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Dmm.com, Diomadea, Kadokawa Games and the KanColle Union Fleet Headquarters