The official website of the Psycho-Pass anime has released some new image stills for the upcoming Psycho-Pass Movie, set to release on January 9 next year. The site has also released a brand new visual for the film and a new promotional video.
The anime’s cast has been revealed and includes many returning characters from both anime seasons. The main cast includes:
- Kana Hanazawa (Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate) will return to voice Akane Tsunemori
- Kenji Nojima (Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon Crystal) is voicing Nobuchika Ginoza once again
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voices Mika Shimotsuki
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) will be voicing Yayoi Kunizuka
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Himeko Inaba in Kokoro Connect) voicing as Shion Karanomori
- Hiroki Touchi (Ging Freecss from Hunter x Hunter) as Teppei Sugou
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Kazuya Mishima in Tekken) voicing as Jouji Saiga
- and Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) voicing as Sho Hinakawa
New cast members to the series are as follows:
- Noriko Hidaka (Masumi Sera from Detective Conan)
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi from Bakemonogatari)
- Unshou Ishizuka (Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop)
- Tomokazu Seki (Shinichi Chiaki in Nodame Cantabile)
The anime’s production staff were earlier revealed and includes the following:
- Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass, Psycho-Pass Season 2 Supervisor)
- Director: Naoyoshi Tadayoshi (Psycho-Pass, Psycho-Pass Season 2)
- Original Story and Screenplay Writer: Gen Urobuchi (Psycho-Pass, Fate/Zero)
- Screenplay: Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass Script Writer)
- Character Designer: Akira Amano (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
- Anime Character Designer: Kyoji Asano (Psycho-Pass, Attack on Titan)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Naoyuki Onda (Ergo Proxy, Legend of the Galactic Heroes)
- Music Composer: Yugo Kanno (Psycho-Pass, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
- Animation Production: Production I.G (Kuroko’s Basketball, Ghost in the Shell)
The second promotional video for the anime has also released:
Here is the movie’s first promotional video:
A bunch of new stills have released for the Psycho-Pass Movie:
The film itself will release on January 9th and you can now pre-purchase the tickets. People who do are able to claim some extra goodies, including a flear file featuring Akane. For more information visit: http://gekijyo.toho-movie.com/psycho-pass/
The film’s plot synopsis and setting were released and reveals that the film will be set in 2116, three years after the original anime series and 2 years after Psycho-Pass Season 2. Here is the synopsis of the movie:
Year 2116 – The Japanese government begins to export the Sibyl System unmanned drone robots to troubled countries, and the system spreads throughout the world. A state in the midst of a civil war, SEAUn (the South East Asia Union), brings in the Sibyl System as an experiment. Under the new system, the coastal town of Shambala Float achieves temporary peace and safety. But then SEAUn sends terrorists to Japan. They slip through the Sibyl System and then attack from within. The shadow of a certain man falls on this incident. In charge of the police, Tsunemori travels to Shambala Float to investigate. The truth of justice on this new ground will become clear.
Psycho-Pass is an original animation from Production I.G. The Sci-fi, crime solving anime began airing from October 2012 and ended in March 2013. The series was directed by first timer Naoyoshi Shiotani, with the story being written by veteran Gen Urobuchi and the characters designed by Akira Amano. The series has received a manga and light novel adaptation, that began publishing in November 2012 and February 2013 respectively. Additionally, an Xbox One game based on the series has been announced and a sequel anime season.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person’s state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term “Psycho-Pass” refers to a standard used to measure an individual’s being. The story centers around the “enforcement officer” Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.
In the future, it is possible to quantitatively measure a person’s emotions, desires, and every inclination. In this way, it is also possible to measure a person’s criminal tendency factor, which is used to judge criminals.
This is the story of a team of policemen dedicated to maintaining public order. Some of them work in the Enforcement Division, responsible for the apprehension of criminals, while others belong to the Supervisory Division which oversees their colleagues in Enforcement.
The Psycho-Pass Movie will be releasing in Japanese theatres on January 9th next year. More information about the film will release in the next few weeks.
You can purchase tickets for the film and check out which theatres the film will release at here: http://gekijyo.toho-movie.com/psycho-pass/
Source Image – Psycho Pass Movie Theatre Website
“Psycho-Pass Movie”, “Psycho-Pass”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Production I.G. and Psycho-Pass Production Committee