The official website of the Psycho-Pass anime has released lots of new information for the upcoming second season. The staff, cast and the Opening and Ending themes for Psycho-Pass 2 were revealed, in addition to the first promotional video and preview, character designs and a new visual. It was also revealed that the anime will be airing from October 9.
The cast and characters of the upcoming anime has been revealed alongside their new designs. The second season features the return a few of the cast and characters from the first season as well as a bunch of new characters to the series. The current confirmed list includes:
- Kana Hanazawa (Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate) will return to voice Akane Tsunemori
- Kenji Nojima (Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon Crystal) is voicing Nobuchika Ginoza once again
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voices Mika Shimotsuki
- Keiji Fujiwara (Tatsuya Kimura from Hajime no Ippo) as Sakuya Tougane
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice as Sho Hinakawa
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) will be voicing Yayoi Kunizuka
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Himeko Inaba in Kokoro Connect) voicing as Shion Karanomori
- Masumi Asano (Hakufu Sonsaku from Ikkitousen) as Risa Aoyanagi
- Marina Inoue (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan) voices Mizue Shisui
The production staff that will be working on the anime were also revealed. One major change is that Production I.G. will no longer produce the anime and are replaced by Tatsunoko Production. The main staff includes:
- Supervisors: Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass), Gen Urobuchi (Fate/Zero, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani (Psycho-Pass, Blood-C: The Last Dark)
- Series Composer: Tow Ubukata (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor)
- Screenplay Writer: Jun Kumagai (Hamatora The Animation, Persona 3 The Movie #1 Spring of Birth)
- Original Character Designer: Akira Amano (Katekyo Hitman Reborn! creator)
- Anime Character Designer: Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan, Tokyo Marble Chocolate)
- Music Composer: Yuugo Kanno (Psycho-Pass, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
- Animation Studio: Tatsunoko Production (Sket Dance, Ping Pong The Animation)
The anime’s website also revealed the Opening and Ending themes of the upcoming series. The Opening will be Enigmatic Feeling from Ling Tosite Sigure and the Ending theme will be Fallen performed by EGOIST.
The first promotional video and a 15 second preview were also released. The Opening and Ending themes of Psycho-Pass 2 are also previewed in the two videos:
Psycho-Pass is an original animation from Production I.G. The Sci-fi, crime solving anime began airing from October 2012 and ended in March 2013. The series was directed by first timer Naoyoshi Shiotani , with the story being written by veteran Gen Urobuchi and the characters designed by Akira Amano. The series has received a manga and light novel adaptation, that began publishing in November 2012 and February 2013 respectively. Additionally, a film has been announced earlier in the year to release this Winter and an Xbox One game has also been announced.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person’s state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term “Psycho-Pass” refers to a standard used to measure an individual’s being. The story centers around the “enforcement officer” Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.
In the future, it is possible to quantitatively measure a person’s emotions, desires, and every inclination. In this way, it is also possible to measure a person’s criminal tendency factor, which is used to judge criminals.
This is the story of a team of policemen dedicated to maintaining public order. Some of them work in the Enforcement Division, responsible for the apprehension of criminals, while others belong to the Supervisory Division which oversees their colleagues in Enforcement.
The second season of Psycho-Pass will premiere on October 9th on Fuji TV’s Noitamina block, during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season. The anime will air every Thursday at 12:50am JST.
Are you excited for the second season of Psycho-Pass? Let us know in the comments.
You can visit the anime’s official site here: http://psycho-pass.com/
And follow them on Twitter here: @psychopass_tv
Source Article and Images – Moca News
Source Article and Images – Psycho-Pass Website
“Psycho-Pass”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Production I.G. and Psycho-Pass Production Committee