This week’s issue of Shueisha’s Young Jump magazine has revealed the cast members for the TV anime adaptation of Yu Sasuga and Kenichi Tachibana’s manga Terra Formars,which will be airing this Fall/Autumn.
The cast itself features a different cast of characters from the OVAs, aside from few main character, whose cast was revealed earlier in the year. The TV anime will be set 20 years after the OVA and is animating the Annex 1 arc. The revealed cast for the Terra Formars TV anime is as follows:
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) will voice Akari Hizamaru
- Hidenobu Kiuchi (Hei in Darker Than Black) who will return to voice Shokichi Komachi
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) voicing Michelle
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) will be voicing Marcos
- KENN (Akihito Kanbara in Kyoukai no Kanata)who will voice Alex
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Sheila
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler) voicing as Keiji Onizuka
- Chiaki Takahashi (Azusa Miura in The [email protected]) who voices Kanako Sanjō
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) will voice Yaeko Yanasegawa
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing Ichirou Hiruma
The production crew for the anime was announced earlier and is the same for both the OVA and TV series.
- Director: Hiroshi Hamasaki (Steins;Gate, Blade & Soul)
- Assistant Director: Takaharu Ozaki (Texhnolyze)
- Series Composition: Shougo Yasukawa (Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?)
- Main Character Designer: Masanori Shino (Black Lagoon)
- Character Designer: Satoshi Kimura (Buddy Complex)
- Animation Studio: Liden Films (Miss Monochrome, Senyuu)
Terra Formars is an original manga written by Yu Sasuga and illustrated by Kenichi Tachibana. The series was first published in 2011 in Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine. To date the series has 8 volumes published. The manga ranked 1st in Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Top 20 Manga for Male Readers guidebook, with over 6 million copies in print. A TV anime and OVA were announced in February this year. The OVA will handle the first arc in the series, the Bugs 2 Arc, and the anime series will continue on with the Annex 1 arc.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
With the space program attempting to travel to Mars, 21st century scientists were tasked with warming up the planet so that humans could survive on its surface. They came up with an efficient and cost-effective plan of sending cockroaches and mold to the surface so that the mold would absorb the sunlight and the insect corpses would serve as a food source for the mold.
It is now the year 2577 and the first manned ship to Mars has landed on the planet and the six crew members are ready for their mission. But what they find are giant mutated humanoid cockroaches with incredible physical strength. The crew members are easily wiped out, but not before sending a transmission back to Earth. Now, humanity will send elite warriors to exterminate the mutated bugs and claim back Mars.
The Terra Formars TV anime series will be airing this October, during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season. The two OVAs will be bundled in the 10th and 11th manga volumes, which will be out in August and November respectively.
Source Image – Terra Formars Anime Website
“Terra Formars”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Yu Sasuga, Kenichi Tachibana, Shueisha and Liden Films