During the pre-screening event for the anime adaptation of Sorata Akiduki’s Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with the Red Hair) manga, the main staff of the series has revealed that it will be a split cour series, with the second cour airing in 2016.
The anime itself is currently airing this season. With it being a split cour, the anime will air over 2 cours over 2 seasons with a season skip in between. With the series airing this season, Summer 2015, the anime will skip the next, Fall/Autumn 2015, and would return in the Winter 2015/2016 anime season in January next year. It would coincide with the 2016 date that the staff have announced.
The Akagami no Shirayuki-hime anime began its broadcast on Tuesday, July 7th at 12:00am JST on Tokyo MX. The anime then aired on Yomiuri at 2:29am JST and on Aichi TV at 3:35am JST. The anime will be officially streamed online on Docomo from July 13th.
The main cast of the anime has been revealed alongside the first set of character designs. The cast members include:
- Saori Hayami (Miyuki Shiba in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) will voice Shirayuki
- Ryota Ohsaka (Motoki Yaze in Strike the Blood) as Zen
- Yuuichiro Umehara (En Yufuin from Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!) voices Mitsuhide
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) is voicing as Kiki
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) joins the cast as Obi
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will be voicing Raji Shenazard
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!!) as Miyaha
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) voices Izana
- Yuuko Kaida (Shimei Ryomou from Ikkitousen) will voice Garack
The main members of the production staff were also revealed and consists of:
- Director: Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger, Hanasaku Iroha)
- Series Composer: Deko Akao (Noragami, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Kumiko Takahashi (Cardcaptor Sakura, Ouran High School Host Club)
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi (Ghost in the Shell, Sword of the Stranger)
- Music Composer: Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Arc the Lad)
- Animation Studio: Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Noragami)
A total of 2 promotional videos have been revealed for the Akagami no Shirayuki-hime anime, which introduce the main characters of the series and premise, and previews the Opening theme of the anime: Kizuna ni Nosete by Saori Hayami. The Ending theme song will be Kizuna ni Nosete performed by eyelis
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with the Red Hair) is a Shoujo, romance manga written and illustrated by Sorata Akizuki. The series began in 2006 in Hakusensha’s LaLa DX and LaLa magazine. To date a total of 14 volumes have been published, with the latest being released on July 3rd.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Shirayuki was a young girl born with unique apple-red hair. She meets a famous but foolish Prince Raji, who falls in love with her at first sight and orders her to become his concubine. With nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets a young boy, Zen, who helps her after she boldly cures his wounds but then gets poisoned by an apple given to Shirayuki. Meanwhile, Prince Raji sends out henchmen to search for her. What will happen to Shirayuki? What is Zen’s true character? A refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch.
The Akagami no Shirayuki-hime anime airs every Tuesday on Tokyo MX at 12:00am JST. The second cour of the anime will begin its broadcast in 2016.
“Akagami no Shirayuki-hime”, “Snow White with the Red Hair”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Sorata Akizuki, Hakusensha, Bones and the Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Production Committee