There has been an announcement that Yuji Iwahara’s Dimension W manga will be receiving a TV anime adaptation, which will be airing from January next year. The anime’s official website has launched revealing the visual, main cast and staff and promotional video.
The two main cast members of the anime have been revealed on the anime’s website, which also revealed the first character designs. The main cast has:
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) voicing as Kyouma Mabuchi
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) as Mira Yurisaki
The supporting cast includes:
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) will voice Albert Schuman
- Kimiko Saito (Chieko from Kuragehime) voices Marie
- Eri Suzuki (Sanae Higashihongan in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) is voicing Elizabeth Greenhow Smith
The first members of the anime’s production staff were also revealed and consists of:
- Director: Kanta Kamei (Usagi Drop, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
- Series Composition: Shotaro Suga (Isshuukan Friends., Darker than Black )
- Character Design: Tokuyuki Matsutake (Taiho Shichauzo, Medabots)
- Animation Studios: Studio 3Hz (Sora no Method) and Orange (Norn9: Norn + Nonette, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince)
The first promotional video for the anime has been revealed, introducing the main characters and premise:
Here is the English subtitled version of the trailer:
Dimension W is a Science Fiction manga written and illustrated by Yuuji Iwahara, who is known for being the character designer of the Darker than Black anime. The manga began in September 2011 under Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine, where a total of 8 volumes have been published.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
In the year 2071, the world’s energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors- “coils” -that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions.
In this world, unofficial “illegal” coils harness powers that the police can’t hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.
The Dimension W anime will air this upcoming January during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://dimension-w.net/
And follow their Twitter: @Dimension_W
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
“Dimension W”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yuuji Iwahara, Square Enix, Studio 3Hz, Orange, and the DW Production Committee