The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Yuji Iwahara’s Dimension W manga has announced that the series will begin its broadcast from January 10th. Additionally, a brand new visual and promotional video were also revealed.
The Dimension W anime adaptation will air every Sunday on Tokyo MX at 10:30pm JST from January 10th. The anime will also air on KBS Kyoto at 11:00pm JST, and on the 11th on Sun TV at 1:00am JST, and on TV Aichi half an hour later at 1:30am JST.
The second official promotional video has been revealed, which gives us a glimpse into the world of the anime and its characters. The video also previews the Opening theme song, Genesis by Stereo Drive Foundation:
The main cast of the Dimension W anime includes:
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) voicing as Kyouma Mabuchi
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) as Mira Yurisaki
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) will voice Albert Schuman
- Kimiko Saito (Chieko from Kuragehime) voices Marie
- Eri Suzuki (Sanae Higashihongan in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) is voicing Elizabeth Greenhow Smith
- Yuichi Nakamura (Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail) as Loser
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Koorogi
The anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Kanta Kamei (Usagi Drop, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
- Series Composer: Shotaro Suga (Isshuukan Friends., Darker than Black )
- Anime Character Designer: Tokuyuki Matsutake (Taiho Shichauzo, Medabots)
- Chief Animation Director: Majiro (Code:Breaker, Nagareboshi Lens)
- Music Composers: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School Idol Project, YuruYuri San Hai!) and Go Shiina (God Eater, Kyousougiga)
- Animation Studios: Studio 3Hz (Sora no Method) and Orange (Norn9: Norn + Nonette, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince)
Here is the first promotional video for the anime:
And an updated version (1.5) of the first video:
Dimension W is a Science Fiction manga written and illustrated by Yuuji Iwahara, who is known for being the character designer of the Darker than Black anime. The manga began in September 2011 under Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine, where a total of 8 volumes have been published.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
In the year 2071, the world’s energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors- “coils” -that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions.
In this world, unofficial “illegal” coils harness powers that the police can’t hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.
The Dimension W anime will air on Sundays at 10:30pm JST on Tokyo MX starting from January 10, during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the next few weeks.
“Dimension W”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yuuji Iwahara, Square Enix, Studio 3Hz, Orange, and the DW Production Committee